Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McDonald's Hit With Lawsuit Over Fat in French Fries

Stu

See I do have more reliability than you.. I drag my fat arse in there at least once a week... And whom do I blame when my eyes cross as i try on those jeans...

Why me of course...

And your right in your anology, but you went to cranium on us.

What you should have said was.

Lets say Matell Barbie jewelery make it yourself machine from Aug. 1st will put out 24k gold necklaces if you put in tupperware..

Then yes its a sueable offense. But to say were going to make our fat factory 3% less fat = no contest...

Originally posted by Duncan

Yeah he sued baby doctors using questionable science. He is a two bit ambulance chaser that stole a 150 million dollar fortune "helping the little guy".

Think he could have gotten by keeping 5 million?

I love how you guys rush to the defense of rich liberals but every rich republican "exploited the little guy".

**No, I love how you guys love commenting on "rich" liberals. As if just the fact that they are rich is somehow hypocritical. The fact that he came from a working class background has to mean that he's an evil lawyer who chased ambulances and exploited the corporate powers that be. What, are we supposed to feel sorry for these guys? Not Mcdonalds!! Think of the children!! Think of the children!! Give me just a small break.

The sad thing is this will morph into a class-action lawsuit with millions jumping on board with visions of a huge windfall. A $500 million settlement will follow, the lawyers will get most of it and the "people" will get a coupon for a free large fry (cooked in the new oil).

Go read some of the settlements of class-action lawsuits. I've seen ridiculous settlements where they lawyers share all of the money and they "people" get coupons or $1.00+ and a letter of apology from the plaintiff.

Tort reform is in order....

MCD's is in the wrong here. The announced they were going to start cooking their fries in a new oil, the only problem is they never started :doh:

It has been a while since them mentioned that they were holding off untill they can get it to taste good.

The other issue is they were going to change the oil because of the lawsuite brought on by some vegetarians claiming they lied about it being for them. Now that they haven't changed I wonder if they will get upset again.

Originally posted by fmorris

The fact that he came from a working class background has to mean that he's an evil lawyer who chased ambulances and exploited the corporate powers that be. What, are we supposed to feel sorry for these guys? Not Mcdonalds!! Think of the children!! Think of the children!! Give me just a small break.

The fact that he is a scumbag ambulance chaser has nothing to do with his backround fmorris. A scumbag is a scumbag.

Let me ask you two questions:

1. If Edwards wants to "help the little guy" why did he keep 150 million in fees?

2. Do you really place the blame for obesity on food manufacturuers?

Originally posted by Duncan

The fact that he is a scumbag ambulance chaser has nothing to do with his backround fmorris. A scumbag is a scumbag.

Let me ask you two questions:

1. If Edwards wants to "help the little guy" why did he keep 150 million in fees?

2. Do you really place the blame for obesity on food manufacturuers?

1. My understanding is that Edwards has won 150million in court cases and settlements for his clients throughout the 90's. Some went to clients, some went to the law firm. To imply that he put 150 mil in his pocket is a gross and unfair exageration, but not unexpected. His networth is between 9 and 40 million. His father worked in a mine, and he was the first in his family to attend college. Scumbag or not, this man believes in what he's doing. My question is this:

**If George W. had come from simular humble backgrounds (giving his mediocre student record, and free ride through the top schools), would he have had the raw gumption it takes to pull himself up from the bottom of the social and economic ladders to place himself along side a man such as Edwards?

2. No, I don't blame Mcdonalds for American obesity. I have never bought into that sort of vicimization. I think its a fair assumption that there is an element that will stoop to unfounded lawsuits, but I wouldnt place a blanket over every law suit as being without merit. With this issue there is going to be a lot of grey area, but the loudest proponants seem to attack all law suits, and not just the ones that are obviously nuts. I think our courts should have the common sense, and authority to throw out cases that have no basis in reality.

I have always thought that it's not just the oil they use to cook the fries at McDees was the whole problem

Ever watch then they take them out of the fryer and dump them out? The 1st thing the person does after that is pick up this massive silver salt shaker and dump a mess of salt all over the freshly cook fries

When you get an order, you can still see the grains of salt on some of the fries. They could just leave off that salt and city back a bit more on the caloric intake

Archived