Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LA & CP hanging out with TO?

Dead Money

When does the weekend start on a Wednesday? When you're Washington Redskins' linebacker LaVar Arrington and San Francisco 49ers' linebacker Julian Peterson, and it's your birthday, the party starts when you say it does.

In conjunction with PSP Sport Agency, the birthday ballers celebrated their 4th annual celebrity, five-day weekend extravaganza in style.

Julian Peterson

Happy Birthday Julian Peterson!

Invited guests included New England Patriots' CB Ty Law, Oakland Raiders' CB Charles Woodson, Minnesota Vikings' LB E.J. Henderson, Detroit Lions' WR Charles Rogers, Philadelphia Eagles' WR Terrell Owens, Carolina Panthers' CB Chris Gamble, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers' RB Charlie Garner.

The first few days of fun and games took place at a few metro D.C. hot spots such as Ginger Cove and Strike Bowling Alley. Then, on Saturday, those who survived (and were still upright and functioning) headed over to shoot some hoops and raise funds and public awareness about AIDS/HIV at Big Tigger's 3rd Annual Celebrity Classic and All-Star Basketball game, held a George Washington University.

Next, party-goers flocked back to Arrington's southern Maryland lake house estate for a barbecue birthday bash. As guests arrived, adhering to the the all-white dress code, beautiful women in grass skirts handed out leis to welcome them. And Arrington's perfectly manicured lawn quickly began to resemble a luxury car dealership.

In the backyard, the cool temperatures didn't deter many from enjoying the lake with water sports and jet skiing (unless, you're running back Clinton Portis, who kept stalling his).

But those who preferred to remain land-locked were entertained with drinks, music, conversation, and ... well, diamonds.

On the back deck, Manhattan's "It" jeweler Gabriel Jacob's set up a booth displaying diamond-studded watches from Avianne & Co. for purchase. And while players such as Charles Woodson and Charlie Garner indulged, others like Philadelphia Eagles' RB Brian Westbrook only looked on and admired.

The after-party, held at D.C.'s luxurious waterfront night club H2O, was conspicuously located next door to Big Tigger's after-party at Zanzibar. "Chaotic" is the best way to describe the scene of wall-to-wall partiers. Both clubs filled to capacity, as ballers like Philadelphia Sixers' Allen Iverson, Washington Wizards' Larry Hughes, Baltimore Ravens' Travis Taylor, Buffalo Bills' Lawyer Malloy, Houston Texans' Jamie Sharper, and his brother Green Bay Packers' S Darren Sharper shut down the waterfront.

Hey, it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

Until the next big event ... Peace.

Mz. Banks

Nikita Banks is a freelance writer covering the world of sports and entertainment.

Lightening up...

My point is that if I was a redskin (especially the new "Mr. Redskin" and on defense) - I wouldn't invite terrel owens and brian westbrook to my birthday party.

Originally posted by KBNJ

How you gonna hate the other team when you party it up with them in the offseason?

They don't "hate" the other team. That's for us fans to do. :D They are professional athletes many whom have competed with and against each other for years. They certainly are entitled to some cameraderie.

I think they are driven by the competition. Off the field, it's over, for the most part. Plus, with free agency, who knows which team you are going to play with in the future. Why burn bridges and possibly risk future income?

EDIT: So 3 threads on a birthday party? Just wait until some real news happens. ;)

On the back deck, Manhattan's "It" jeweler Gabriel Jacob's set up a booth displaying diamond-studded watches from Avianne & Co. for purchase. And while players such as Charles Woodson and Charlie Garner indulged, others like Philadelphia Eagles' RB Brian Westbrook only looked on and admired.[/Quote]

Hmmmm, I wonder if I should invite this guy to my next party. :nono:

Well, maybe if I win megamillions tonight.

Originally posted by Kevin101

I bet LaVar and TO could be best of friends off field, and even closer friends when LaVar meets TO in the hospital :)

After he Wiffs again like when we played San Fran and T.O. embaresed our whole defense? But this time Sean Taylor will be there to lay the wood :D

I have no problem with players hanging out with other players in the off-season. Portis and Taylor will be hanging out with Ray Lewis all the time because of the Miami connection. The only way I would be concerned would be if I saw Lavar helping TO up after a hit. For those of you that have had the opportunity to play against your friend or relative, it adds a dimension to the game. Laying the wood on your cousin or your boy is refreshing because you know if they get the chance they are going to bring it to you.

Anybody suspect that the Poston's financed this party? Look at all the Poston clients that were "invited:"

Lavar Arrington

Chris Gamble

EJ Henderson

Ty Law

Julian Peterson

Charles Rogers

Charles Woodson

The only invited guests mentioned who aren't Poston clients were TO and Charlie Garner. Another Poston client, Lawyer Milloy, was at the party.

The only way all those Poston clients would get invitations is if the Poston's sent the invitations. Maybe that's how the Poston's keep their clients; throw good parties. Wonder why Orlando Pace wasn't there.

Dude I don't know if you read the Breaking news article , but sorry to break it to you... The Postons were there too! Anyways I am sure LA was just giving TO special "beverages" to make him gain 50+ pounds, lose about 6 inches, and about 1,000,000 brain cells... LOL. I got no problem with stars around the league hangin' out. Sports, while a job, are in the end meant to be FUN. Even for the fans, don't forget that!

Archived