Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams

Rock 56

I`d like to know what everybody thinks about him.Personally i don`t think he`s the best because he dosen`t excel in all areas.He can hit but so can other safties and he can blitz again nothing special.His weakness is coverage and to be #1 you should be able to cover.

Roy Williams is the best saftey in the game, and though his coverage ability may not be as good as the other aspects of his game, I don't believe he is weaker than the average saftey when it comes to coverage. Roy Williams is atheltic, intimidating, has great hands, and is a playmaker and game-changer, much like what I hope Sean Taylor can be this season.

Easy SkinsFan589, you're scaring us with your high praise. I still have a hard time even thinking Emmitt Smith was ever good. No way he was better than Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, or John Riggins. Other than highlights, I find it hard t believe he was better than Jim Brown or Gale Sayers. Don't heap the praise on freakin' Cowboys. It AIN'T worth it.

Originally posted by gridironmike

Easy SkinsFan589, you're scaring us with your high praise. I still have a hard time even thinking Emmitt Smith was ever good. No way he was better than Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, or John Riggins. Other than highlights, I find it hard t believe he was better than Jim Brown or Gale Sayers. Don't heap the praise on freakin' Cowboys. It AIN'T worth it.

I'm not going to debate this one, but John Riggins better than Emmitt? Come on now.

I'll give you Sanders, Payton, and Brown.

But take off the burgandy and gold shades my man.

What about Ed Reed? I think he is a pretty good Safety.

Also, I hate to give credit to anyone wearing a Dallas uniform, but Williams is very good and everyone who is saying he is overrated would be salivating the hype if he was in our Redskins colors. Hopefully Taylor will end up better, but there are no guarantees and Williams is doing it on the NFL level.

For anyone who things that Roy Williams is overrated, name 5 current SS's that you believe are better.

I hate defending cowpokes ... it must be past my bedtime :doh:

Originally posted by HeHateMe

I'm not going to debate this one, but John Riggins better than Emmitt? Come on now.

I'll give you Sanders, Payton, and Brown.

But take off the burgandy and gold shades my man.

You forgot to mention Sayers.:doh: No way Emmitt is better than Gayle Sayers. NO WAY!!

As far as Roy Williams is concerned, when he was a Sooner I loved watching the guy. He made one of the greatest plays that NCAA football has ever seen. Because he is a Cowboy I can't give him props. When he gets out of Dallass then I will respect him again.

I say it once and I say it again. Roy Williams is overrated. He gets all the hype yet he sucks in coverage. Notice when Dallas is unable to blitz, ex....Miami game. They were forced to go in Cover 2 and they allowed over 40+ points.

Originally posted by gridironmike

i wouldn't say emmitt is better than tony dorsett either.

my list is:

Brian Dawkins

Darren Sharper

Ed Reed

Rodney Harrison

Corey Chavous(he did great this year he hits harder then Brian Russell but Russell had 9 int's this year!)

Tony Parrish(49ers this man is sick)

Roy can hit HARD but so can these guys, but he does not have a knack for the int, Lawyer Milloy I think would be #2 hitter in the safety position but he seems to have lost his knack for the ball these past few years. How ever he gets an honorable mention because he is still real damn good, as far as top 5 Safety in the game, Roy??? bahh you my think so because you see what he does vs.. us skins but he is not that good, he is a top 10 at best. I think our new man Taylor will be great and do better then Roy this year.

RMB i coudn`t agree with you more.finally sombody agrees with the fact that he is a wood layer and thats it.If not this year than next ST will solidify himself as the man.If he plays like everyone expects this year he will be Defensive Rookie Of The Year no doubt about it.

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Brian Dawkins is the best saftey in the league followed by Darren Sharper and then maybe Roy :D Hopefully Sean Taylor will take the crown within 3 years:helmet:

You have been playing a little too much Madden Bro.:doh:

Bottom line when talking about Emmit and Barry. If you put an even servicable line in fromt of Barry, instead of the train wreck that he ran behind, it wouldn't even be close.

:wewantd:

BTW, Why is anyone giving props to the RATBIRDS in any post.

EFF THE RAVENS!!!!!!

:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

Archived