Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Sports Net?

WallyG3

Is Comcast Sports Net worth spending $12 a month on?

I'm thinking of adding this to my DirecTV package, but not sure if it's worth it. I've heard a lot of complaints that Comcast sucks, but is it better than nothing?

Keep in mind that I get absolutely no Skins info on local channels.

So is the little Skins coverage on Comcast for $12/month better than just ESPN and the NFL Channel?

Originally posted by WallyG3

Is Comcast Sports Net worth spending $12 a month on?

I'm thinking of adding this to my DirecTV package, but not sure if it's worth it. I've heard a lot of complaints that Comcast sucks, but is it better than nothing?

Keep in mind that I get absolutely no Skins info on local channels.

So is the little Skins coverage on Comcast for $12/month better than just ESPN and the NFL Channel?

I don't have the NFL channel, but if you aren't in the DC area, you should definetly get comcast. If you live in the area, you could go without it, but since you don't, get comcast sports net. :2cents:

With comcast you get about 75% of the Orioles, Wizards and Caps games. If you're not a fan of any of those teams, then no, it's not worth it. The only other things on note I can remember off hand on ccn is the 'I,Max' show 'best damn sports show period' a show about poker and a show about fantasy football (during the season). that's about it.

jbooma -

You could think of it this way - you get Comcast Sports Net for free, but pay the $12 for NFL Network - which is totally worth it.

True, but the NFL network comes free, and soon I pray it comes to cable :(

Now I don't know if Comcast Sports Net is the same as Comcast here?? It might be different in other areas.

Originally posted by BDBuddy23

With comcast you get about 75% of the Orioles, Wizards and Caps games. If you're not a fan of any of those teams, then no, it's not worth it. The only other things on note I can remember off hand on ccn is the 'I,Max' show 'best damn sports show period' a show about poker and a show about fantasy football (during the season). that's about it.

I would watch some O's and Caps games, but I'm pretty sure they'd be blacked out for me since Comcast only gets local rights, and not national rights to these games. :(

Basically the programming I would see is the Post Game show, Sports Nite, and Pro Football Thursday.

I would watch some O's and Caps games, but I'm pretty sure they'd be blacked out for me since Comcast only gets local rights, and not national rights to these games. :(

Basically the programming I would see is the Post Game show, Sports Nite, and Pro Football Thursday.

then it is not worth $12

can you get the DC local channels?? Fox and Channel 4 are good for redskins info.

Originally posted by jbooma

then it is not worth $12

can you get the DC local channels?? Fox and Channel 4 are good for redskins info.

I can only get LA locals.

The package also includes all the Fox Sports Net channels around the country, but who wants to watch the New England Sports report? :snore: I wouldn't watch those other regionals anyway.

Archived