Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will I win the bet?

Skinned

I have a $100 bet with one of my best friends who is an Eagles fan. The bet is that the Skins will finish within a game of the Eagles in the standings. If it ends up being a 2 game spread (in favor of the Eagles), we push. If it is a 3 game spread, he wins.

I was a little over-zealous when I made this bet and wish I would have gotten the extra game so that the push was for a 3 game spread.

What do ya think of my chances?

If the eagles win 13 games it doesn't look good. 12 games maybe.

I bet my eagles friend two things .....

first is that eagles won't sweep the redskins

second is that brunell will have a better qb rating than mcnabb if each plays more than like 10 games.

have a $100 bet with one of my best friends who is an Eagles fan. The bet is that the Skins will finish within a game of the Eagles in the standings. If it ends up being a 2 game spread (in favor of the Eagles), we push. If it is a 3 game spread, he wins.[/Quote]

It sounds like you suckered him a bit. If the bet was supposed to be that the Redskins will finish within a game of the Eagles, you should lose if they finish two games behind. How you got that in is a mystery but a good stipulation for you.

I envision the Skins going 10-6 and that leaves the Eagles to go no better than 11-5 (for me to win) or 12-4 (for the push).

Way too many years of failed bets based on false optimism.....hopefully Gibbs will pay off in more ways than we anticipate!

I have a bet with my Giants fan buddy. We've been doing it since '99. $50 to whoevers team wins both games. 1-1 is a push, no money changes hands.

So far it's a push:

'99 Skins

'00 push

'01 push

'02 Giants

'03 push

I am however, looking forward to collecting my $50 this year after we sweep the Giants.

Archived