Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats the excuse now Laker fans

jbooma

Just admit it Detroit is the better team. I don't think I would ever see a team hold Kobe and Shaq to a combined 25 points :cheers:

If it wasn't for that shot by Kobe this series would be OVER.

Buff, I guess you called it right again on the conspiracy :rolleyes: , what did you say 3 in row, well it still might but it will be the Pistons :notworthy

Detroit isn't letting the Lakers get into any sort of flow. Not only that, but the Lakers have a tendency to play in spurts and most opponents go through periods where there intensity drops a bit.

This isn't the case with Detroit, they bring it on every posession.

One thing about the game last night.........I thought the officials let Detroit play a bit more aggressive than the Lakers. I thought they had a quick whistle on the Lakers when they were playing D, and in turn, allowing Detroit to "Body up" on D.

We'll see what happens Sunday.

By the way, what's up with that, a Saturday game would be much better

Originally posted by wildbill

Detroit isn't letting the Lakers get into any sort of flow. Not only that, but the Lakers have a tendency to play in spurts and most opponents go through periods where there intensity drops a bit.

This isn't the case with Detroit, they bring it on every posession.

One thing about the game last night.........I thought the officials let Detroit play a bit more aggressive than the Lakers. I thought they had a quick whistle on the Lakers when they were playing D, and in turn, allowing Detroit to "Body up" on D.

We'll see what happens Sunday.

By the way, what's up with that, a Saturday game would be much better

You were watching the same game I was watching...I mean 30 something free thows for the Pistons, I think the lakers had like 13. Thats crazy...Shaq shouldve had that many by himself. He didnt take one until the 4th quarter...and all the times he had the ball are you telling they didnt foul shaq one time ????????

Originally posted by ghetto-smoove

You were watching the same game I was watching...I mean 30 something free thows for the Pistons, I think the lakers had like 13. Thats crazy...Shaq shouldve had that many by himself. He didnt take one until the 4th quarter...and all the times he had the ball are you telling they didnt foul shaq one time ????????

Ghetto the reason the Lakers didn't get to the foul line is because the never got close to the rim. If you just take jumpers you won't get the fouls. Look at Detroit, they were at the rim almost every time.

Yeah refs call that leftcoast fluff in LA but when it comes to the real man's east coast style of reffin you get what you saw last night.

The last time I saw a beating that bad it was after some guy in a fur coat said b1tch better have my money

Originally posted by jbooma

Ghetto the reason the Lakers didn't get to the foul line is because the never got close to the rim. If you just take jumpers you won't get the fouls. Look at Detroit, they were at the rim almost every time.

I saw Shaq at the rim plenty of times with no foul called...you cant honestly tell me they didnt foul him one time.

Originally posted by ghetto-smoove

I saw Shaq at the rim plenty of times with no foul called...you cant honestly tell me they didnt foul him one time.

that was the only person, everyone else was shotting jumpers

shaq either fouls or gets fouled on everyplay anyway

Originally posted by jbooma

that was the only person, everyone else was shotting jumpers

shaq either fouls or gets fouled on everyplay anyway

Dont take me wrong..Detroit is playing a hell of series and should be up 3-0 if it was for the heroics of Kobe Bryant. I do think the refs are letting the Pistons play more aggressive. I see the refs calling a lot of ticky-tack fouls out on the perimeter against the Lakers.

Originally posted by Rock-Bufford

sure they did....but compared to the 10-25 fouls he commits a game without a call. Its very small.

Speaking of which did you see the one where Ben Wallace made it look like Shaq threw him out of bounds? Shaq turns around and notices after the whistle.......I felt bad for the guy because it was all an act but damned if it didn't look funny.

The refs have nothing to do with this. The Lakers aren't making their shots, are playing horrible defense, and aren't creating many good chances to score. Shaq is much more of a threat when the lakers move the ball and spread the defense, but they aren't. From what I saw last night all the Lakers were playing selfish ball, hell even Kobe wasn't getting a pass while covered by a little dude (relatively speaking of course).

I don't want to take away from the Pistons by saying the Lakers beat themselves, because that's not the case. The Lakers are being forced to respond to a team that doesn't allow them to get by on individual effort, a team that plays defense from start to finish. And like I said a few months agao the Laker "team" isn't as good as the Laker "players"

I thought the conspiracy was for the Lakers to win game 3? Who signed up to get their sticker?

I'm a Lakers fan and I can say that Detroit is one helluva team. Much better than I thought before the series. They play fantastic defense. Best team defense I can remember seeing.

Shaq usually determines a series. He is my all-time favorite player, but he is a lazy whore. He won't work the whole game to get position. When he doesn't work, the Lakers usually lose. He used to bring it every game. Then it was just in the playoffs. Now it's just every couple playoff games.

I see Detroit winning the series. Before the series started, I thought Lakers in 4 or 5. After game 1 I thought Detroit in 6 or 7.

Enough already with the conspiracy crap. If the Lakers lose in 6 games, can that end?

NBA Rule: Always blame the refs when your team loses. I guarantee it happens in every game the rest of the series.

P.s. Shaq was fouled a fair amount, but too many were before the shot.

game 1 people were saying the lakers weren't taking the pistons seriously. game 2 they "demoralized" the pistons. game 3 its the refs.

the games i've been seeing is that the lakers are trying pretty hard to win the games to me but detroit is just taking them out of their game by pure effort. larry brown is executing the same gameplan he used when he coached the 76ers in the finals. the only diffference is the 76ers didn't have enough offense. as long as the pistons keep up the intensity i don't think the lakers will win any game easily unless someone starts hitting 25fters all game long.

I hope the games are a little closer to make it look good. The scary thing is Rasheed hasn't done anything yet, and they are still blowing them out. I didn't realize that there is no one else on the laker bench that scares anyone.

Boomba, the LA bench ain't that bad. Ask the Spurs what they think of Fisher. How about what the TWolves have to say about Rush.

To the other recent poster, the Lakers didn't blame the refs. I hardly heard the Lakers fans blaming the refs. Don't make up things because you don't like another team.

Originally posted by ShonyX

Boomba, the LA bench ain't that bad. Ask the Spurs what they think of Fisher. How about what the TWolves have to say about Rush.

spurs are overated, wolves needed a healthy cassel and hudson and the lakers wouldn't be here

i haven't seen anything from the lakers bench yet that is consistent against the pistons

fox is not visible, fisher hasn't done much, luke had one game, rush is invisible, payton should be on the bench and malone is done

Most teams don't hide stars on their bench, though.

The Spurs are the defending champs. How overrated can they be?

The Lakers don't have a great bench, I agree. I wouldn't even say a good bench. They are about average. Fisher is a very good bench player. Rush and Medvedenko and good shooters, making them "fair" bench/role players.

Fox is hurt. Cook sucks. Walton is a rookie. Russell is fodder.

*edit* and Nobody knows if the Wolves would be here if Cassell and Hudson were there. I think they would have, too. They would have had a very tough time with the Pistons, I think.

Originally posted by ShonyX

Most teams don't hide stars on their bench, though.

The Spurs are the defending champs. How overrated can they be?

they don't have robinson and that was the key, the other guy they have is a tree

detroit is the spurs except with 4 guys who can score not 1 maybe 3

Come on now...you all know the Lakers play their best under pressure.

Jbooma...I recall you saying the Lakers were done against the Wolves....what happened???? Oh thats right, no Sam Cassell :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ljer

Come on now...you all know the Lakers play their best under pressure.

Jbooma...I recall you saying the Lakers were done against the Wolves....what happened???? Oh thats right, no Sam Cassell :rolleyes:

don't forget hudson :)

Archived