Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jesse Palmer, Giants starting QB?

Jay87

Don't tell Tom. This will break his heart:laugh: He just ran a poll

Brunnell vs. Warner:doh: Last I saw of Warner, he fumbled six times in the first quarter vs. the gmen.

QB and OL are the achillies heel for the giants. Oh, I forgot to mention Tiki:D

Yeah, I'm really going to be upset if Palmer turns out to be a really good QB. Because you can have too many of them. :doh:

The problem is, Palmer has always practiced well. It is in the games where he has had problems. Even in the preseason he hasn't shown too much. If he turns that around, I'll be even happier and we can redo these QB polls and posts.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Yeah, I'm really going to be upset if Palmer turns out to be a really good QB. Because you can have too many of them. :doh:

The problem is, Palmer has always practiced well. It is in the games where he has had problems. Even in the preseason he hasn't showed too much. If he turns that around, I'll be even happier and we can redo these QB polls and posts.

Tom,

Do you think last years games he started is hard to judge how good/or bad he could be.... considering the team at that point?

airSkins,

Honestly, you can't judge him by last years performance. It wouldn't be fair. There were four OLine starter out. And the four replacements were all rookies. The last five games were started by four rookies. And one was even started by five. The Giants OLine is going to be much improved but I don't see Palmer getting a chance to see any action in any regular season game.

that would be odd to see Palmer as a starter, wont happen though, im sure they'd rather start Eli still, since they seem to shoot for rebuilding more right now. Warner will also learn the system and try to do well, will end up with good QB's in New York.

Palmer is getting rewarded because he is demonstrating what Coughlin expects out of the better players on the team. Notice there are no real compliments to his throwing, his work ethic, coachability and study habits are being praised here.

No worries Tom, Warner is still first in line to get knocked out.

:point2sky

Hail Skins.

Palmer may end up starting more than any other Giants QB, but I'd expect that that would be due to an injury to Warner - not an unlikely event BTW. I think Coughlin will take his time with Eli, and won't start him until late in the year when the games are meaningless (sorry Tom).

Warner will be a one-year wonder there and attempt to restart his career. I have no idea how that's going to go but I'm not expecting great things from him.

Palmer's a career backup, plain and simple.

Archived