Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As if we didn't know...

Bang

This is just wonderful.

I think it's very nice of those Philadelphians to give gay people a nice place to visit, have dinner,, take in a game..

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1896&ncid=1896&e=10&u=/nm/20040602/us_nm/life_philadelphia_dc

City of Brotherly Love Kicks Off Gay Ad Campaign

Wed Jun 2,11:28 AM ET Add U.S. National - Reuters to My Yahoo!

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, has launched the first U.S. television advertising campaign to promote a city as a gay destination, officials said on Wednesday.

AP Photo

In the television commercial, a young man in colonial attire writes a letter inviting his beloved to meet him at Independence Hall, one of the city's main tourist attractions.

The man is approached by a woman who glances at him but passes by before another man greets the letter writer and accepts flowers.

The spot emphasizes the city's historic attractions and its friendliness to gay travelers and is part of a three-year, $1 million campaign using the slogan "Philadelphia - Get Your History Straight and Your Nightlife Gay."

"The gay market is an extension of our leisure marketing efforts for the destination and complements our programs for other types of travelers," said Meryl Levitz, president of the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corp.

The group estimates that the U.S. gay travel market is worth $54 billion annually.

Philadelphia means "brotherly love" in Greek

:laugh:

~Bang

Originally posted by bubba9497

Bubba - great pic....gotta save that one...its worthy of printing and framing....oooh just got a great idea. my mom's birthday is coming up and she is a diehard eagles fan. I think that pic all framed up would make a nice gift!!!

hey...maybe they did the promotion in honor of Terrell coming to philly to make him feel more at home!

again....not that there is anything wrong with that !!!!

:rotflmao:

Archived