Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Available D-linemen?

DCMONEY

We've all been going back and forth over the D-line the past couple of weeks. I see Daryl Gardner and Joe Johnson are apparently gonna be available Free agents. Its reported that Gardner will sign with the Bengals but who knows. But Joe Johnson would be a big upgrade at one of our D-end spots. Any word on Joe Johnson? I like him over Regan Upshaw. I hope they at least talk to Gardner.

They've already ruled out Gardener. Besides, I think he's already headed to the Bengals.

How is Joe Johnson a serious upgrade over Upshaw?

The guy gets a big, fat contract from Green Bay, then pulls a Stubblefield and has been coasting ever since.

Doesn't sound much like a great work ethic or Gibbs type guy to me. :)

Not that Upshaw is leaps and bounds ahead of Johnson play wise. But I'd prefer to stick with what we got.

Our D-Line won't be the ressurrection of the Steel Curtain, but it won't nearly be as bad as some are fretting about.

I know it's the offseason and it's June 1st and we all desperately want a better D-Line, but is it necessary to have the same conversation/thread every week, or maybe we all have short-term memory problems:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61787

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61342&highlight=Johnson

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61746&highlight=Johnson

Originally posted by SkinsGuy

They've already ruled out Gardener. Besides, I think he's already headed to the Bengals.

How is Joe Johnson a serious upgrade over Upshaw?

The guy gets a big, fat contract from Green Bay, then pulls a Stubblefield and has been coasting ever since.

Doesn't sound much like a great work ethic or Gibbs type guy to me. :)

Not that Upshaw is leaps and bounds ahead of Johnson play wise. But I'd prefer to stick with what we got.

Our D-Line won't be the ressurrection of the Steel Curtain, but it won't nearly be as bad as some are fretting about.

Looking at Upshaw last yr, all he ever did to me was be aggressive after the play was over and whistled for 15 yd. penalties. And Upshaw is injury prone also. based on their career Joe Johnson has been a better DE than Upshaw to me. If Jow Johnson is oft injured at this time then yeah I say stay away. But I'd take him over Upshaw especially if he comes cheap.

Well, China, what would you rather us talk about?

You want me to talk about my job, or the weather outside my window, or my love-life, or what I had for dinner last night, maybe what was the last movie I saw?

Its kinda silly to come to a REDSKINS board and complain about folks starting up REDSKINS threads and bringing up REDSKINS issues. Particularly since it is June 1st (cut day around the NFL).

Maybe those other threads whose links you provided discuss the D-Line situation ad nauseam. But it not like I can come here every day or click on every topic. And I certainly don't have time to dig through 10-15 pages of topics to see when this was last discussed.

As long as no one is bringing articles here that have already been posted, I don't think there is a problem. :)

If its something you are tired of talking about, then just do the logical thing... don't read the thread. Just ignore it. :)

You want me to talk about my job, or the weather outside my window, or my love-life, or what I had for dinner last night, maybe what was the last movie I saw?

I'll play. I'm a ninja...it's sunny out but we may have some afternoon showers later on. I'm currently single having just divested myself of a brief but particularly unpleasant relationship. I had a salad for dinner last night. Last movie I saw in the theatre was "Miracle." It was pretty good....it even got a little dusty in the theatre during the final scene.

By the way...anyone heard anything about Joe Johnson?

Its kinda silly to come to a REDSKINS board and complain about folks starting up REDSKINS threads and bringing up REDSKINS issues. Particularly since it is June 1st (cut day around the NFL).

Maybe those other threads whose links you provided discuss the D-Line situation ad nauseam. But it not like I can come here every day or click on every topic. And I certainly don't have time to dig through 10-15 pages of topics to see when this was last discussed.

As long as no one is bringing articles here that have already been posted, I don't think there is a problem. :)

If its something you are tired of talking about, then just do the logical thing... don't read the thread. Just ignore it. :)

Sheesh, a little sensitive aren't ya? I did mention in my post that I understood the rationale, being June 1st and all. Besides, you don't have to go through 10-15 pages to find this info. All you have to do is look on the first page and Bubba has posted several articles regarding June 1st cuts. Also, you can always do a quick search, it only takes 10 seconds to type something into the forum Search engine, but as you stated you're much to busy to be bothered with that.

Perhaps someone could be a little more innovative and instead of just asking who's available they could take a different angle on the topic to spice things up, rather than re-hashing that Joe Johnson and Chad Bratzke will be available, along with rumors of Sam Adams and Hugh Douglass.

Here I'll even give it a try myself. How about why is the grass always greener, for example:

Is Joe Johnson really better than what we have, or do we have such a low opinion of our D-linemen that we choose to remember JJ's better playing days before Green Bay rather than seriously considering his poor performance and injuries and that GB is getting rid of him for a reason that isn't just for the salary cap.

If Hugh Douglass were released and the Redskins acquired him, would he regain his pass-rushing form and would playing twice a year against his former team motivate him and provide fringe benefits for the Redskins?

If you take Sam Adams weight and put it to the power of his age, do you get a number less than a google? Could this be a new factor for rating players, with an optimum numerical range?

How about, if Brock Lesnar makes an NFL team, will he lose it at some point in a steroid-induced fit of rage and pile drive or suplex some poor running back?

Give it a try it can be fun, certainly more so than reading a list of names.;)

I also started the thread by saying its been discussed before but I really didn't feel like looking it up. Most of the time when I don't like looking a t a thread, I do the logical by not clicking on it. Why take the time to read and respond to something you don't want to read? :rolleyes: :notworthy

Originally posted by DCMONEY

I also started the thread by saying its been discussed before but I really didn't feel like looking it up. Most of the time when I don't like looking a t a thread, I do the logical by not clicking on it. Why take the time to read and respond to something you don't want to read? :rolleyes: :notworthy

Unfortunately thread titles aren't always completely descriptive of what's in the thread. I've seen bland titles with interesting content and vice-versa. Rather than assuming I will just check and see. I guess part of my point is that it takes no more time to look it up than it does to start a new thread.

Originally posted by China

How about, if Brock Lesnar makes an NFL team, will he lose it at some point in a steroid-induced fit of rage and pile drive or suplex some poor running back?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Man, it doesn't happen often, but you had me laughing out loud at that one, China. Thank you.

Archived