Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Isn't America's Schools system great?!!!

Hey you guys! On a more serious note, I have to warn all of you ... since I care. Please, do not, I repeat, DO NOT:

Stand near trees, for they will surely be knocked down by lightning and you will be killed by lightning! Lightning will knock down the tree and knock down your soul!

Just friendly reminder. :rotflmao:

As someone with a degree in teaching, I had to quit reading it quickly. I wish I could meet up with the kids teacher and smack him/her in the mouth for teaching like crap.

Jeremy had better be glad that I'm not his teacher.

Guess what, guys.

This is from my high school.

Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, widely considered the finest public high school in the country.

This is a joke perpetrated on a hapless geosystems teacher by a senior last year. Geosystems - basically earth science - is a useless course that seniors at my school are required to take to graduate. As you can see, the teachers take it about as seriously as the students do.

I like the Walt Witman one...

The teacher gave him an ultimatum(sp) and he fought back.

The language could have been omitted to make it even better.

He layed in his bed, and then made it.... I seriously doubt the grade he got actually LOWERED his scores...

Originally posted by The Slammer

Guess what, guys.

This is from my high school.

Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, widely considered the finest public high school in the country.

This is a joke perpetrated on a hapless geosystems teacher by a senior last year. Geosystems - basically earth science - is a useless course that seniors at my school are required to take to graduate. As you can see, the teachers take it about as seriously as the students do.

Hey man, you go to TJ? I graduated from there in 98. What year are you? Geosystems was definitely joke... Idrisi? Yeah... I had it 6th period, so we'd get to leave for half the day during the tuesday/thursday block days. Some good memories..

Originally posted by chosen

Hey man, you go to TJ? I graduated from there in 98. What year are you? Geosystems was definitely joke... Idrisi? Yeah... I had it 6th period, so we'd get to leave for half the day during the tuesday/thursday block days. Some good memories..

No way, man! Small world. I'm 2004, graduation is in two weeks at the Patriot Center.

Even periods were on Tues/Thurs for you guys? They're Wed/Fri for us...

And yeah, I'm about ready to move on. I'm going to miss my friends and running track, but college is going to rule. Where are you going?

No way, man! Small world. I'm 2004, graduation is in two weeks at the Patriot Center.

Even periods were on Tues/Thurs for you guys? They're Wed/Fri for us...

And yeah, I'm about ready to move on. I'm going to miss my friends and running track, but college is going to rule. Where are you going?

Cool to meet a (soon to be) fellow alum. I'm at Oxford University right now, in England. Doing some Economics and Finance. Where are you off to for college?

It's looking like William & Mary right now, unless UVA takes me off the waitlist. They brought up their standards this year and my 3.7 just didn't cut it. :mad:

Hey... William and Mary isn't all bad.

It's not all great either.

As I've told some people, I don't enjoy everything down there, but do enjoy most.

If you end up going to William and Mary, let me know, I'll have a car since I'm a senior, and I'll be more than happy to help a fellow Skins fan if you don't feel like riding the bus/walking to Target or something. Oh yeah, and if you need help picking classes, I can tell you which are easy and which aren't. For the most part.

And similarly as a History/Education major, there's something to be said for people just pulling pranks like this. However, there are good teachers and bad teachers just like different people doing different jobs anywhere else.

It's looking like William & Mary right now, unless UVA takes me off the waitlist. They brought up their standards this year and my 3.7 just didn't cut it. :mad:

Jesus. a 3.7 didn't get you into UVA!? The standards have risen so much! Anything a shade above a 3.5 during my year and you were a shoe-in to be accepted, and even that was stricter than before. About a quarter of our class went to UVA. Ridiculous. Good luck with that... I hope you get in off the waitlist. If you really want to go to UVA, you should definitely call and follow up with a letter expressing your continued desire to be there. That should improve your chances. If not, W&M is a great school too. Good luck, slammer.

Archived