Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What D-Lineman will be available June 1st?

Originally posted by ghetto-smoove

the broncos are going to release Daryl Gardener....but I heard on 980 he is going to sign with the Bengals

I think he's already been dealt. If he hasn't been dealt I heard the same thing on 980 too. I heard Cerrato talking and he said the Skins had no interest in Gardner. This blows my mind. Its not like we couldn't use him. I still can't believe C. Griffin got more than Sapp in free agency. I don't mind picking Griffin up but he got paid. I mean he has no history behind him whatsoever. What the hell were they thinking about?

I cant believe some people still want Gardener so badly. This guy is a complete HEAD CASE and was only on his P's and Q's while he was here because he wanted a long term contract. When he went to Denver, he started with his same ol' same ol'. Thats why it only took half a season for him to wear out his welcome. I am happy he is going to Cincinnati, and not coming back to Redskin Park. Gibbs himself said he is looking for QUALITY PEOPLE first, then players second. Thats the new/old Redskins way, and the Gibbs Formula for Success.

Stop discussing Gardener. He will never be here.

Originally posted by essex03

I cant believe some people still want Gardener so badly. This guy is a complete HEAD CASE and was only on his P's and Q's while he was here because he wanted a long term contract. When he went to Denver, he started with his same ol' same ol'. Thats why it only took half a season for him to wear out his welcome. I am happy he is going to Cincinnati, and not coming back to Redskin Park. Gibbs himself said he is looking for QUALITY PEOPLE first, then players second. Thats the new/old Redskins way, and the Gibbs Formula for Success.

Stop discussing Gardener. He will never be here.

We don't need head cases but we don't need over paid players either. Looking at free agency now after the fact I'm convinced the Skins could have filled several need and done it in a cheaper fashion. For example. Why wouldn't they give Darrell Russell a full off season to get in shape and compete for the starting job. He's only 25 and a former pro bowler? Plus Tampa got him fro $600,000.00. This cat Griffin got and 8 million dollar signing bonus if I'm not mistaken. I think he got more than Sapp. Norman Hand signed with the Giants for $600,000.00. They got rid of Armstead who only counted 1 mill against the cap. The reasoning was because of his age. But then you sign Micheal Barrow for more money? No method to their madness at all. You have to keep the cap in mind.

We don't need head cases but we don't need over paid players either. Looking at free agency now after the fact I'm convinced the Skins could have filled several need and done it in a cheaper fashion. For example. Why wouldn't they give Darrell Russell a full off season to get in shape and compete for the starting job. He's only 25 and a former pro bowler? Plus Tampa got him fro $600,000.00. This cat Griffin got and 8 million dollar signing bonus if I'm not mistaken. I think he got more than Sapp. Norman Hand signed with the Giants for $600,000.00. They got rid of Armstead who only counted 1 mill against the cap. The reasoning was because of his age. But then you sign Micheal Barrow for more money? No method to their madness at all. You have to keep the cap in mind.

I agree that the D-line comings and goings seem to follow the same bad pattern that Snyder and Cerrato have developed over the last few years. get rid of a guy after one season, sign a more expensive, LESSER player. Very odd. I'm watching other teams sign big-time players for similar contracts to the ones we signed Griffin and Daniels for. We jettison a healthy, proven Armstead but NOT a hobbled, undersized Brandon Noble? Hmmm....

Noble doesnt' count a whole lot against the cap, and while his injury is severe, he is young enough to be able to come back from it, and still produce.

Armstead was a weakside Lb who could not be moved to the strong side. Williams desire to make Lavar the Weak side backer made it impossable to keep Armstead who would have ridden the bench at a lofty price tag.

Originally posted by DCMONEY

There is a major difference between Barrow and Armstead...Barrow had a pro bowl type year last year...Armstead is average at best, plus the players play two different positions. We replaced him with Washington who is young and a beast, and got an experienced replacement for Trotter in Barrow, who is better than Trotter right now anyway

Archived