Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Speaking of 3rd Rd RBs...Where are they now?

TankRizzo

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/05/19/ben1a.html

HICKS HONORED AGAIN: Bengals running back Skip Hicks was named NFL Europe's Offensive Player of the Week on Tuesday for his performance against the Scottish Claymores on Sunday.

Hicks gained 123 yards on 16 carries and scored two touchdowns in Frankfurt's 27-24 win. He leads NFL Europe with nine total touchdowns and 458 yards rushing on 121 carries.

The Bengals signed Hicks, a third-round pick by the Redskins in 1998, as a free agent in January. This is his second Offensive Player of the Week award in NFL Europe this season.

Man...when we drafted him I would have never figured he'd be in NFL Europe by this point in his career. I was kind of hoping he'd catch on w/ the Titans.

Originally posted by donnyg

Funny, I remember thinking I really hope he beats Stephen Davis out for the running back spot.... Luckily I'm not the talent evaluator for the Skins :laugh:

I thought the same thing when he was here. He never learned to run inside, and it will hurt him again when he comes back to the NFL.

No BS - I honestly thought the guy was useless all along - he was the reincarnation of Reggie Brooks. A few breakaway runs, but just can't keep the chains moving. For those of you who had high hopes, well, so did Norvo the Clown. He wanted Hick's pic on the cover '99 programs and refused to trade Hicks to the Gints after Davis emerged. :doh:

Archived