Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis will Tear Dallas a nice new one

Originally posted by Mojoscowboys43

Actually...Portis is the type of back that the fast swarming D of Dallas should feast on. To really run over Dallas you need a big power back with some wiggle like Rickey Williams

I think Portis will do just fine tearing up the little D hahah.

If he keeps up this weed smoking the only wiggling he will be doing is in the shower in priosion hahahahaha:dallasuck

Portis's skill set is primarily speed and unfortunately so is Dallas' D. It will be interesting to see how Gibbs uses him vs speed D's. I know Gibbs has said that they will "borrow" some of the plays Denver used to maximize CP abilities. Man I can't wait.

Originally posted by PortisSkins26

He is gonna bust them up on MNF for 150 and 2 touches. HE is just gonna pound them till that new one is ripped to be bigger then there old one. Hell YEA CP in the House:helmet: :logo: :dallasuck

Do you mean 2 touchdowns or 2 touches? That be pretty cool to see Portis get 150 on one carry tho. ;)

Originally posted by soljaofjesus

Correct me if Im wrong but Thats impossible to get 150 yards on one carry because the football field is 120 which includes both endzones.

He was making a joke. I'm not saying it was a good one but it was a joke nonetheless. Think Renegade needs to stay in school and put the Jerry Seinfeld dreams in the closet. :silly:

Originally posted by Rigg-0

He was making a joke. I'm not saying it was a good one but it was a joke nonetheless. Think Renegade needs to stay in school and put the Jerry Seinfeld dreams in the closet. :silly:

Jerry Seinfeld dreams? :movefast: Right over my head. Sounds like nightmares, or maybe I just didn't get it. I like school but I don't like being sick. Shoulda waited till later tho, to tell the truth.;)

Solja, that was a good joke. :)

He is gonna bust them up on MNF for 150 and 2 touches. HE is just gonna pound them till that new one is ripped to be bigger then there old one. Hell YEA CP in the House:helmet: :logo: :dallasuck

Actually, I believe that 150 is too little. I'm shoot for the hole in the roof of Texas Stadium & say 210 yds. rushing, 37 yds. receiving, 2 TDs.

I know that Dallas's D is a swarming D, that does really good against speed backs. However, I think that with the Skins O-line, Buegel, and most notable Gibbs will handle Dallas D-line and give Portis big running lanes to tear up the field.

I don't like to make predictions when it come to the Redskins, but I'll make an exception this one time. I'm guessing that Portis will have at least 175 yards rushing and 75 yards receiving. With 3 touchdowns (2 rushing, 1 receiving).

The thing about this match-up is that it'll be really tough to figure out who wins between dallas' d and c.p./oline. i can see dallas bottling him up pretty good in the first half holding him to like 3.3 a carry or something for the most part, but sooner or later he's going to crack that line and bust one. especially with the way they blitz and the counters we run.

that monday night game is going to be the first time when we get to see gibb's adjustments show, and i also see it being a break out game for L.C. and hopefully jacobs. the only way to really measure the winner of this matchup is going to be by looking at ramsey/brunell's numbers for that game. hell if portis has 30 carries for 100 yards and the qb goes for like 280-325 and 3td's, than credit those to C.P.

Originally posted by nace14

The thing about this match-up is that it'll be really tough to figure out who wins between dallas' d and c.p./oline. i can see dallas bottling him up pretty good in the first half holding him to like 3.3 a carry or something for the most part, but sooner or later he's going to crack that line and bust one. especially with the way they blitz and the counters we run.

that monday night game is going to be the first time when we get to see gibb's adjustments show, and i also see it being a break out game for L.C. and hopefully jacobs. the only way to really measure the winner of this matchup is going to be by looking at ramsey/brunell's numbers for that game. hell if portis has 30 carries for 100 yards and the qb goes for like 280-325 and 3td's, than credit those to C.P.

That is very true. In Gibbs offense, the passing game is a direct result of the running game.

I think the Cowboys gameplan is to shorten the game, grind out first downs and use a lot of clock to keep Portis off the field. You mentioned the counters that Gibbs likes to run, I wonder if that'll take some of our D's aggressiveness away. I suspect Portis will see a lot of 8 man fronts, just not as much blitzing.

I would think that Dallas is vulnerable against the play-action.

Portis himself may not have a big rushing day, but Dallas' D will have to respect his abilities, and anchor their run defense.

And because of their aggressive nature, they will be commiting to run defense.

Then you put Joe Gibbs in the picture, the unofficial master of play-action, and you will find that Ransey/Brunell will be the ones lighting up Dallas' D.

While I think Washington *could* sweep Dallas this year, both games I would expect to be fiercely close (something like 16-13) and both games Portis will struggle for every yard.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

I would think that Dallas is vulnerable against the play-action.

Portis himself may not have a big rushing day, but Dallas' D will have to respect his abilities, and anchor their run defense.

And because of their aggressive nature, they will be commiting to run defense.

Then you put Joe Gibbs in the picture, the unofficial master of play-action, and you will find that Ransey/Brunell will be the ones lighting up Dallas' D.

Yes, and like I said earlier. In Gibbs's offense, the pass is a direct result of the running game.

I think if anything... Gibbs is going to use Portis to play action like crazy.

I'm not sure step for step either of Dallas' CB's can stick with Coles (if he's 100%)

And I know that Roy Williams in pass protection isn't his strong suit, which will be exploited.

But the bigger thing that will happen is a lot of draws and counters, and motion in order to try and get the defense to overpursue. Dallas defense is built upon speed, but that can be weakened if you get them to overcommit to a run early and then just reverse the field of movement on them by cutbacks and misdirection.

While I don't know if Portis will run wild, because they do have a solid defense, I do feel he'll probably be extremely effective catching some swing passes and dump offs where he can make a few linebackers miss in the open field.

Archived