Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pix from new seats at FedEx LL Section 220

nicholas

I went to to the stadium to look at the new seats in the 200 levels. I am currently in the upper bowl and wanted to see first hand how bad the obstructed view could be. (pretty bad, IMHO). Itook pix from row 23 (last row), row 16 (first row), and row 18 from section 220 (about the 30-35 yardline). I've attached the row 23 pix (I think...I'm a newbie here), if anyone wants to see more let me know. Pictures were taken from a standing position, (who will be sitting while watching a Joe Gibbs team!) and I'm 6'1". The monitors were actually on and showing CNN, this leads me to believe they will be showing the network feed (so you can see all the critical replays (read as plays under review)) the rep didn't actually know. On a side note, the field is pretty ugly right now....

If anyone has panorama software they colud splice these together....

I decided to stay in the upper bowl.....

I have a slightly different opinion. The seats from the back row are definitely bad and I would probably pass.

The first couple rows wouldn't be all that bad for the short term. Remember, those folks get first crack at seats opening up below them.

Compared to being in the nose bleed section, I would probably take 2 seats in the front several rows. I've heard from another that the seats near the aisle aren't all that bad especially if you are in the first five rows. The only real obstruction is the overhang that prevents seeing much of the stadium and crowd, including the scoreboards.

Would that be your opinion nicholas?

I wouldn't want them as my permanent seats but if it speeds my opportunity to get a good seat in the lower bowl, I probably would take them.

Of course, by the time they offered me two seats in the new section, all they had left were singles and one group of three seats and they would not break up that group.

I was also told by the ticket office they offered the seats to the first ten rows in the upper deck around the stadium and then the next 10 rows and then the final ten rows. So hopefully I will at least be moving down into the bottom of the upper deck....which really are great seats after climbing all those damn ramps.

What I don't understand is why those of us on the relocation list were not offered the seats first. Isn't that the whole purpose of being on the relocation list. Offering better seats to people who made that request?

Thanks nicholas!

at least you can see the whole field, as long as you dont get that pillar in the way. I agree with lavarpa, as long as you can use those seats as a faster stepping stone, its worth it. It would suck to not see the crowd and the atmosphere though.

LaVarPA,

I was offered seats in row 23. The front row (16) would be ok. But I'm thinking that with Gibbs back the turnover on seats will be much slower and people may be in these seats for a few years. If I knew it would be one season I'd probably do it. I'm hoping to move down in the upper bowl and closer to the 50.

The agent (Russ) said to check back late next week because some people may decide not to upgrade opening more of these seats. Although I would have been happy in these covered seats at the Dallas game......I think I'm still wet!

It does.....based on the original architecture. Danny is trying to squeeze in as many seats as he can in his cash machine. He obviously doesn't care about sight lines if he can make some more money!

In his defense, however, he has over 140,000 people on the waiting list who want season tickets and they are clearly telling people about the obstructions.....so it's not like he is screwing over anyone either. They sold almost all of them in just a couple weeks.

Sammy,

You will most likely be offered upper deck tickets when you come off the wait list. I came off this year and they told me that I will be sitting in the last 15 rows of the upper deck... still waiting to find out where though.

The last two pictures aren't *too* bad, but the back row is beyond awful. I bet some of the people coming off the list will wind up back there.

One important thing with all of these seats I hadn't thought of earlier -- field goals! "It's up and --- uh, wait a second, let me look at the TV." When the papers get wind of how bad the back is, I think that "Mr." Snyder will be taking a PR hit.

Once again, I say pass. Like others, I hope I get to move forward in the upper, which will make this a sweet deal.

Yes, yes....please post all the pix you have. My Dad and I are trying to decide whether to take these seats from Va Beach...your first photos have been our best resource. I think the view is better from the the cheap seats, but my Dad is very drawn to being under a roof...thanks very much for the first shots...any others you have would be greatly appreciated...

Hail!

Jay

Please post. I am still considering moving down but right now am leaning towards only seats in the first five rows and near the aisle. Not sure the other seats are worth the bad view even if I get preferred status for lower bowl seats.

I really appreciate any info I can get.

Ok....here come the rest of the pictures. This one islooking up into the new seats in section 220. Note that the seats have not been installed but they had pairs of seats (black) that you could move around to check the sightlines. All pictures were taken from a standing position.

Archived