Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the "Tailgate Party" any good?

skinsfn

I see tickets to the "Tailgate Party" for sale on Ebay and I was wondering what people thought of it. I've always tailgated in the parking lot like everyone else. It's states that all the food and drinks are provided. I assume they don't mean beer. It sounds like it has some perks, but if you've gone before what was your take?

I have heard horror stories about this. I just received a letter from the skins, they are selling a package for lower level seats and the tailgate club. Last year they were selling the same package for upper level seats and it was really expensive. How much is it going for on E Bay?

Originally posted by skinsfn

I see tickets to the "Tailgate Party" for sale on Ebay and I was wondering what people thought of it. I've always tailgated in the parking lot like everyone else. It's states that all the food and drinks are provided. I assume they don't mean beer. It sounds like it has some perks, but if you've gone before what was your take?

I'm in the Tailgate Club, and its OK. The food is usually pretty decent. Before the Dallas game (I think) it was some really good BBQ. And you can sit and watch HDTV in the shade. However, its not going to beat any taligating that you can do with friends or family out in the parking lot. I think I went 3 times all of last year for the pre-game stuff.

The cool part about it is the 5th quarter on the club level. Live music (usually Love Seed Mama Jump) and a general party like atmoshere for hours after the game. So if you don't have to get home to kids or a wife, its pretty fun. I went to the post-game festivities far more than the pre-game tailgate thing.

Originally posted by galentjm

The cool part about it is the 5th quarter on the club level. Live music (usually Love Seed Mama Jump) and a general party like atmoshere for hours after the game. So if you don't have to get home to kids or a wife, its pretty fun. I went to the post-game festivities far more than the pre-game tailgate thing.

Hey galentjim,

I don't have tailgate passes and wanted to ask you a coupla questions.

The tailgate club is outside the stadium where the hospitality tents are, correct? And you can use those tailgate passes to go to the Club level after the game?

Thanks,

Rocky:logo:

Originally posted by Rocky21

Hey galentjim,

I don't have tailgate passes and wanted to ask you a coupla questions.

The tailgate club is outside the stadium where the hospitality tents are, correct? And you can use those tailgate passes to go to the Club level after the game?

Thanks,

Rocky:logo:

Yes, the pre-game food and tailgating activities are in the hospitality tents at the front of the stadium (outside gate B I think).

As far as the passes to the club level after the game, I display the same wrist band for both, but I recently bought a season ticket that included the tailgate club in the package. The color wrist band I have works for both, and I think being in the tailgate club gets you into the 5th quarter, but you might want to double check that. Hope that helps answer your questions.

I'm a recent (last two years) season ticket holder. Last year, the deal was to pay the initiation fee of $995. plus $470.00 per season per seat. The initiation fee is transferable. In exchange, you were moved ahead of the great unwashed to the first four rows of the upper level instead of "nosebleeds". This year, (2004) the deal was better, because they are installing more lower level seats in the very rear of the 200 sections for the tailgate club members. This may well be a better deal than buying club seats. I bought tailgate tickets for two games last year for $20 and $25 ea on eBay. It was alot of fun. Canon sponsored a booth where they have a headless mannaquin of Arrington and Ramsey and you provide your head for a photo. The X-box tent was over crowded and hard to find a place. The cheerleaders were there(yeah). Food is decent. Redskin Alumni are there. I got an autograph from Mark Moseley and Mike Bragg the punter.:helmet:

Lighten up Sandy Baby.

Archived