Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomnia

kameuh

Will you participate in a Fantasy Football league this year?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in a Fantasy Football league this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, never have before
    • What's fantasy football?

Everyone has a bout of Insomnia from time to time. This thread is about one of those half incoherant thoughts Insomnia brings about. No real point in it, nothing political, thought provoking, just a fleeting thought I wanted to share.

So I'm in an daze flipping through channels and there was nothing on but HSN and Infomercials. I thought to myself, great im watching Made in China TV on my TV Made in China! Kinda disturbing.;)

What's depressing is, when I get these insomnia nights, which happens often, I think of work. It's the offseason, and I still think of things that will make the team better. My wife just tells me to shut up. :doh:

Reading in Latin used to put me to sleep in a heart beat...but it's been 10 years since I had Latin...so now I jus read it understanding about every other word...and unfortunately that's an interesting enough puzzel to keep me awake.

What I get bitter about is when I actually get to sleep and dream about work problems and their potential solutions. I hate how many problems I've worked on all day to have the answer come to me at 2 am. Then I have to get up, so find a pen and paper, and write it down. Odd little scraps of stats programming left around the house are entertaining too if I forget them the next morning.

It's bad enough my job get 9.5 hours a day plus commute. Can't I have my dreams to my self for recreation. It always puts me in a foul mood the next day because it feels like a 33.5 hour work day.

I hate how I suddenly have to eat in the middle of the goddam night all the time...seems like I always end up sitting on the edge of my bed listening to Sporting News Radio with some salsa and tortilla chips at 2 am. I think I'm a bat or something.

Wow. I would make fun, but I know the probs with insomnia all to well.

I read alot to try to get myself to go to bed. It works wonders as I can fall asleep with the book in my hand, but since I am ocd, I have to put the book in a specific place so whatever the reading did to help me get to sleep is then negated by the rustling that I have to do to put the book back where it needs to be.

Don't make fun a*sholes. I am not clinicaly OCD I am just damn close and it pisses me off....

I saw a shrink about it once, but I didn't like the way she looked or her messy a*s office so I stopped after one visit. Too damn expensive too...

Military sh*t would still never put me to sleep.

I can run, surf, lift weights or party all f*ckin night and still not be able to sleep.

Beer and liuquor helps alot :evil:

Originally posted by IAMBG

Wow. I would make fun, but I know the probs with insomnia all to well.

I read alot to try to get myself to go to bed. It works wonders as I can fall asleep with the book in my hand, but since I am ocd, I have to put the book in a specific place so whatever the reading did to help me get to sleep is then negated by the rustling that I have to do to put the book back where it needs to be.

Don't make fun a*sholes. I am not clinicaly OCD I am just damn close and it pisses me off....

I saw a shrink about it once, but I didn't like the way she looked or her messy a*s office so I stopped after one visit. Too damn expensive too...

Didn't you clean her office and put everything in order?:)

Archived