Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton on ESPNews says.........

TC4

Originally posted by bulldog

There is no hype with proven commodities. This isn't Norv Turner or Steve Spurrier up at the podium, I think it is time to realize that and get over the inertia and self-doubt :D

I agree. We need to stop hating with Gibbs up at bat.:adoration

I hope he's right. :)

I know ESPN ran a poll that asked which NFC East team was the most improved this off-season.

Out of almost 126,000 replies, the Redskins got nearly 45% of the vote (the Eagles were 2nd with about 33%).

I hope we do contend for the NFC East title this year and are in the playoffs.

But I also understand the Norvitis that still seems to have a tenacious grip on some Redskin fans.

It won't let go until Gibbs' team actually gets out on the field and starts looking great, physically showing the turn around in this organazation. :)

Skins Guy

You know, I want all the trash talking and loud hype that can be put into the media.

Bring it all on.

To sit around and be skeptical and 2nd guess everything and ***** and moan about things that are not going right is not what being an "extreme" fan is all about.

I want to feel every game and enjoy the ride as Coach Gibbs has the controls now. One way or another, we're going to have some fun this year.

I have REALLY high hopes for this year.

But will settle for anything b/c what am I gonna do, get mad at Joe Gibbs!?!?!? No way.

JOE GIBBS, we cant get mad at him, whatever our record is, nobody else could have coached us to a better record than what we end up, b/c Joe Gibbs is the best coach of all time. Period, end of story.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

I'll believe it when I see it.

Tired of the hype.

Totally agree with the above post.

I know there's alot of excitement with the return of Gibbs and lofty expectations. We have fans here predicting anything from a play-offs appearance to a Super Bowl win.

So, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best but I'm not buying into the hype either.

I think everyone here needs to keep in mind what Joe himself said upon his return: (Paraphrasing) "The past means nothing here(except for some nice memories),I have to prove myself all over again...":2cents:

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

Shottenheimer was proven when he initially came here.

So, as I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Say what? Exactly how many Super Bowls has Schottenheimer been to?

Gibbs has 4, with 3 World Championships.

Not much of a comparison between Gibbs and Schotty, Spurrier, Norv, or anyone else you can throw up that has failed us in the last decade.

I sure hope the players on the team don't take a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. If that is their philosophy, they will NEVER "see it."

I'll be happy with just a disciplined team that has some sort of direction. It'll be enough to know that everybody on the team is working for the same thing and if somebody isn't they are gone.

Playoffs or even a winning record would just add to the excitement and satisfaction of finally knowing that things are being done right.

We will get the same thing the Cowgirls got when they signed Parcells. A well coached team that wont beat itself and comes to play every down. Accountability, heart, and character some things that haven't been seen around here lately. We have had personnel for the last 5 years but no leadership.:coach: Gibbs is worth 3 more wins just on GP. You give him Portis, Brunnel, Taylor, and the rest of our players and we got action.:thumbsup: It aint hype it's a fact Snyder got it right this time now it's too bad we have to wait so damn long for the season to start: :cloud9:

Some of the hype may be warranted, but all this talk of the playoffs and Superbowl in Gibbs' first year is rather absurd. You guys are only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I believe we will have the best team we've had in the last five years, but that doesn't necessarily mean we will make the playoffs. Keep in mind that the NFC East now has some of the best teams and best coaching in the NFL. We are not only team with a good coaching that's made improvements this offseason. Other teams like the Eagles have also spent a lot of money to acquire new players (Jevon Kearse, Terrell Owens, Dhani Jones). Parcells-coached teams have always faired much better in his second year, too.

Keep your expectations in check and you can only be pleasantly surprised. It should be a fun, intensely competitive season.

Archived