Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What'd you guys think about the "NFL Draft Hat" commercial?

skns4life

I gotta admit, I felt a little bad for Kellen. I'm sure he was convinced that having the connection with Gibbs through his father garunteed him a lock for that pick. Too bad, but now we have a head hunter instead! :D

I did feel bad for him because it's been clear for some time that he'd get to work with someone his father worked with and whom his father respected.

He was REALLY wearing that Skins hat out.

Even if he didn't pick the Postons, it's possible he might not have been the pick.

Oh well, 'tis life.

As my wife and I were watching the draft, she had commented on how much he looked like he wanted to come here. I must admit, I started feeling like he might be a good fit here, especially with Taylor was kicking back, while Winslow was at the draft looking professional and looking like he couldn't wait for them to announce he was going to go to Washington. I felt bad until I heard him bad mouthing the Redskins.

I don't think Gibbs promised to draft him. No one would do that before the draft since that is tipping your hand, and especially not since Gibbs is a devout Christian and would probably not lie.

I think Winslow only badmouthed the Skins because he was hurt. He seems to be a very emotional kid, who doesn't know how to handle his emotions well yet. It's obvious he wanted to be a Skin, and someone along the way told him it was a done deal. There were rumors that early negotiations didn't go so well between the Postons and Skins. Maybe the people who told him he was going to be a Redskin were the Postons themselves.

in a sense i agree. In the commercial he wanted the skins, while Taylor was dumbfounded. Winslow was at least at the draft all nicely dressed up, Taylor was sitting at home in shorts and a t-shirt with 3 cell phones. That sorta makes me lose some respect for him, I hope he still means business like he claims to be. Winslow just seemed shocked is all.

Archived