Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Special: Skins spent bulk of day studying Winslow/Taylor

Skins26

They just went to the guy out in DC with the Skins, he said he had talked to Gibbs about 10 minutes ago and Gibbs said they all got together today and with the bulk of their time they studied Taylor/Winslow even more than they had.

They said Gibbs even went as far as to contact the Postons.

Then Meril Hoge said KW2 is the best player in the draft and went on and on about that.

Jimbo said..."I want Taylor but I won't be upset if we end up with Winslow. I WILL be upset if he holds out."

Said perfectly! Either is going to make us a helluva lot better. I've been on the Taylor wagon for months, but Im really starting to warm up to the idea of Winslow. That would complete a truly dynamic offense and from that point on the next few years drafts would address defense, defense, defense. Worse case we give Iffy another year to fully blossom, Matt Bowen, and these new corners a chance under a bonafide system with improvements on the line and linebackers. Am I contradicting myself?!?!

You darn Winslow advocates are starting to take over my mental. I guess its just me preparing for what my gut instinct is telling me...the Skins might be taking KW2.

Originally posted by jimster

why would we trust the Poston's word?

That's true

What happens when the Redskins are on the clock and they call the Postons and get told some outrageous salary number

If that happens, then Taylor, if he is still on the board, will be a Redskin

Also guys...not meaning to throw gas on a dying fire...but when Gibbs was directly queried about whether it was going to be a #5 pick featuring KW2 or Taylor he said "it's not quite as simple as that. It's a bit more complicated than that scenario."

Now, is he blowing smoke or is this just a technicality he's referring to? I say you still have to be ready for anything in this draft.

I have not fallen in love with any particular player...but instead have tried to find the value in each pick and potential trade possibilities, from the mundane to the far-fetched. Come tomorrow I will not be one of those who come back to this board here crying over so and so. With our brain trust in charge...it's all good.

Originally posted by TC4

What happens when the Redskins are on the clock and they call the Postons and get told some outrageous salary number

If that happens, then Taylor, if he is still on the board, will be a Redskin

No, the outrageous contract demands start AFTER we draft their client. They'd only do it before if they didn't want us to draft him, sort of a "poison pill" approach.

Archived