Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts about some of the more recent big contract Redskins.

skinsfanjoe

I'm really sick of talking draft so what do you think about guys like Morton, Wynn, Upshaw, Fiore, Hall, Samuels, Trung, obviously Trotter's gone?

Do you think these guys have one year and one year only to prove they are worth the money they're getting?

I tend to think that everybody on the roster with the exception of Arrington, Portis, and Coles are on a one year trial. What are some thoughts on these guys?

I think Wynn and Upshaw are gone after this year regardless. Trung might not even make it this year and Fiore's health is up in the air. Morton is probably on a year to year performance basis. Samuels I think is a FA nex year anyway, so it's just a question of whether to give him what he wants. Hall is a kicker--it's always year to year with them.

Dung better be cut, he just sucks.

Morton, he's a solid returner, and a good receiving third down threat.

Wynn, ok player, needs to restructure, Upshaw, havent seen much of him playing.

Samuels, also could restructure, but still good.

Hall was a good pick up in general.

Originally posted by skinsfanjoe

I'm really sick of talking draft so what do you think about guys like Morton, Wynn, Upshaw, Fiore, Hall, Samuels, Trung, obviously Trotter's gone?

Do you think these guys have one year and one year only to prove they are worth the money they're getting?

I tend to think that everybody on the roster with the exception of Arrington, Portis, and Coles are on a one year trial. What are some thoughts on these guys?

Guys like Upshaw and Fiore were really signed to three year deals to time out after next season. But, I can envision them released, along with Wynn after this year if we have a direct plan of attack for the defensive line. Morton and Hall I can't see leaving for another two plus years. Trung is probably going to be let go at some point this offseason and Samuels is probably a guy we're going to try to build around.

Unlike you, I think the roster will be largely in place after this offseason. Gibbs needs continuity so the major changes will be now with minor changes to come and a focus on the draft probably to come. I'd be surprised if major moves are made after this offseason in terms of big releases like Trotter.

Fiore is likely to retire, Upshaw will likely be released after this year, and Wynn will probably restructure so he can hang around.

I don't see that it profits us anything to cut Trung Canidate. I don't think Rock and Ladell are good enough depth.

BD

Archived