Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

58 killed in car bombings in Basra

Ghost of

Terrible. The brave warriors are killing kindergarteners now. Will their courage never cease. 200 wounded at current count, also.

:puke:

Only question is whether it's Sunni terrorists killing Shi'ite targets or just run of the mill scumbags trying to kill anyone associated(police) with the coalition.

Oh, forgot to mention that people are throwing stones at the Brits who are trying to respond to the crisis. :doh:

Edit: 979 is right.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040421/ts_nm/iraq_dc&cid=564&ncid=1480

"I looked around and saw my leg bleeding and my neighbor lying dead on the floor, torn apart," he said from his hospital bed. "I saw a minibus full of children on fire -- 15 of the 18 passengers were killed and three badly wounded."

Guest 979guy

I'm at a loss for words. You think of the children... You think of their parents. Unbearable.

I just got off the phone with an Iraqi counterpart and it's as if they aren't affected by these events. I'm sure that in many ways most are, but the fact that these horrendous deaths are seen as obvious, as the norm, is a syndrome of the ongoing tragedy, and kind of assures that the bloodshed will continue.

[bTW, Ghost, I'm not sure the comaprissons to anti-Semitic or other violent sentiments are in place. The dead children in Iraq deserve to be grieved upon 'context-less'. If I've learned anything the past couple of days its - let hater be haters; don't let them turn your pain for one thing into anger at another. :2cents: ]

How you can blow up women and children and still get people to back you is why they need to taste freedom for a couple of years.

Only opression and holding down on a persons spirit can do this.

Only brain washing from a child up can do this.

Only the exchange of ideas without facing death for calling your President and idiot or comparing him to a monkey and choosing the monkey (as in another thread) can fix something like this.

Can the Bush administration do enough to protect the Iraqi people and still get re-elected in November because this dead baby angle is so effective at making people appalled?

The death of children ANYWHERE at the hands of ANYONE is wrong. Be it Falluja, Basra, Belfast, the West Bank, Jerusalem or Oklahoma City, it's wrong.

But rest assured that the people responsible for these crimes regard the death of the innocent as collateral damage and an unavoidable part of their petty little war. It's bullsh!t coming from every side.

I believe in Woodwards book Bush said he knew if he did this and things went wrong it would cost him the Presidency. He also said it is worth it. "I would like to be a 2 term President, but if it doesnt work out that way so be it."

I dislike quite a few of his positions on edu/imm but I also think going in was worth him losing the election.

As a conservative I will miss him if Kerry wins.. But I wouldnt change a thing.

The issue is that these Islamic Facists care little about human life, they put very little value on women, children, essentially anyone.

I hope the lives lost, the civilians in Iraq, at the hands of these insurgents are honored as lives sacrificed for the freedom of Iraq. The words Liberty in association with a Country cannot be placed in a sentence without the word Blood. You can't have one without the other.

Archived