Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiem: He Hears Skins still trying

StevieInferior

Can't post the article cause Punishment will have a fit. But Kiem basically says Skins still looking to move up using Samuels as trade bait. BUT THEY REALIZE THAT IT IS STUPID TO USE SAMUELS TO MOVE UP ONLY 3 SPOTS. So they expect either a player or another pick in return.

This could further signal the fO is learning to plan for the future and that you can't get everything in one offseason.

http://redskins.theinsiders.com/2/251756.html

Originally posted by StevieInferior

Can't post the article cause Punishment will have a fit. But Kiem basically says Skins still looking to move up using Samuels as trade bait. BUT THEY REALIZE THAT IT IS STUPID TO USE SAMUELS TO MOVE UP ONLY 3 SPOTS. So they expect either a player or another pick in return.

This could further signal the fO is learning to plan for the future and that you can't get everything in one offseason.

http://redskins.theinsiders.com/2/251756.html

The rumors that I've heard, as recently as a few hours ago as they were talking about the top couple picks in the draft, is the Redskins are definately trying to trade up and that the Raiders would like to get Patrick Ramsey.

So, maybe the player that the agent really actually wants to get moved (ramsey not samuels) is the one they actually deal to move up to #2.

Originally posted by skinsnatsfan

So, if they actually did trade Ramsey, who would they plan to have as their 2nd quarterback, Kerry Collins???

haha i sure hope not.... Eli would work just fine, as would a Philip Rivers:cool:

it does seem to follow that the easier player to move because of the low base salary and position is Ramsey.

that doesn't mean a trade is going to come off, but at least from a dollar standpoint it is possible.

#2 on the list of the workable tradeables is Rod Gardner.

you would have to think that Gardner may be dealt in move up or as part of a separate transaction, given his status as a free agent in 2005.

the Redskins would not have resigned McCants for 3 years and then traded for James Thrash if the team was anticipating working an extension for Gardner.

so I think this departure one way or another is in the cards.

Unless there is a major personality problem with a player and the new staff that is not being leaked out to the press, this is not a very wise trade at all.

I would suspect that this is just more smoke screens being thrown out to the media for everyone to get all hyper over.

In the end, even the most "inside" reporter is still a pawn to the franchise.

I just don't see the point in us trading up, it just doesn't make sense to me, we can get a guy to help us out in Winslow or Taylor at 5, or trade down for more picks and improve our D-line. I just don't get what trading up will do to help fill our holes.

Originally posted by DJCrash34

I just don't see the point in us trading up, it just doesn't make sense to me, we can get a guy to help us out in Winslow or Taylor at 5, or trade down for more picks and improve our D-line. I just don't get what trading up will do to help fill our holes.

Essentially if you're dealing flesh for picks it's not trading up as it is commonly known. Of course the only one I would go North for is Gallery. We would like to keep our current #1 but failing that we would like to come out with a lower #1 that is valuable to the D-Line. If we get Gallery then Samuels is traded outright in the deal or later to Cleveland who still need a Tackle bigtime.

But this would be blockbuster stuff. I kinda like it:cheers:

no way, there is no point in trading ramsey. We already know that he has game, and once he is afforded the luxury of max protection, he will flourish.

This is your brain on staying at #5:

miami_seantaylor_200w_ap_010303.jpg

This is your brain on trading up:

990406tefax.jpg

any questions?

Archived