Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf a sport?

skinsfanforlife

Originally posted by rdsknbill

Like I said earlier Code. This is probably one of those guys that makes my Sunday rounds take six hours. :doh: :doh: :doh1:

No etiquette, no respect for the course, and generally no respect for other golfers ( or posters for that matter).

well if he shot a 130 then yes he was ruining your day :laugh:

Originally posted by jbooma

No wonder why you are mad, you stink :cheers:

Try to get your game to about 100 then you can comment.

This proves that it does take a lot to play at high level, it isn't that easy now is it.

Gettin to 100 is the first step, it's fairly easy. Gettin g to the 80s is even more difficuly and shooting consistent in the 70s is damn near impossible, unless your either "gifted" or have a LOT of money and time to practice.

Originally posted by codeorama

skinsfanforlife... If you were not attacking, then sorry, I misread you post.

I agree with jbooma to the extent that if you are shooting above 100, then it's hard to really comment on how hard or not hard golf is. I played golf in HS and scored an 89 in a tourney once. In general, I shoot around 100 give or take a couple of shots.

That's my point, golf is easy as hell if you aren't keeping score, but if you are, it's one of the toughest sports to master.

And I mean REALLY keeping score. Most people that are playing causually lie about what they shoot big time.

man u really dont get it.

is my last post not clear? "nothing is easy and if u a newbie at any sport u look llike an idiot?"

if i wanted to shoot under 100, i would pursue it. nothing about golf appeals to me. its boring, lame, its a waste of time. GOlf sucks. its not a sport, its a hobbie. i know friends that smoke cigs, weed, drink and play golf all the time. u wanna know what their scores are? under 100. they ar good. are they athletes? hahahahaha

its like this. when i played basketball , football even soccer for the first time i was hooked to it so what i do? i played it everyday because it was fun.

with golf, never thought about it once. if u find hitting a little ball challenging , thats all good but dont say golfers are athletes.

Originally posted by rdsknbill

and honestly, how hard is it, exactly, to bounce a ball.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now bounce a golf ball off of the face of a sand wedge 25 times without it hitting the ground. :laugh: :cool:

bounce the ball not looking down, head up looking for teammates to pass to or shoot, while the other guy is trying to steal the ball, defend you, dribble between your legs, behind your back maybe a cross over to jook your opponent....... part of the game.

let see your ass try that.

bouncing a golf ball of a sand wedge. not part of the game and where does that get you in golf?

laff

hahahahha.

Originally posted by skinsfanforlife

bounce the ball not looking down, head up looking for teammates to pass to or shoot, while the other guy is trying to steal the ball, defend you, dribble between your legs, behind your back maybe a cross over to jook your opponent....... part of the game.

well i know a 5 year old he can do that :) but he can't hit the ball 300 yards :laugh:

You can bounce a ball like that with your ass??? You sir are quite the athlete! :thumb:

bouncing a golf ball of a sand wedge. not part of the game and where does that get you in golf?

laff

hahahahha.

It's called cash.

well i know a 5 year old he can do that :) but he can't hit the ball 300 yards :laugh:

Its obvious uve never played basketball before in your life.

ahahahahahahahahha

I know a 14 yr old girl that can hit 300 yards and beat most of the professional male golfers.

ahahhaahahahah

Boy u guys make males look good dont ya.

ahhahaahahaha

takes mad skills huh.

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

This thread gave me a new redneck joke.

You might be a redneck if you don't think golf is a sport.

Redneck?

LOL

Im here prasing real sport like basketball while dissing golf and nascar and im a redneck?

I bet u dont even know what cross over is

ahahhahahaha

IM talking to guys that thinks dribbling the ball is easy. LOL

again lets see u try to dribble when your opponent is trying to guard or steal the ball from you.

Im done. Im takling to guys that has no clue about basketball.

Redneck?

LOL

Im here prasing real sport like basketball while dissing golf and nascar and im a redneck?

I bet u dont even know what cross over is

ahahhahahaha

again lets see u try to dribble when your opponent is trying to guard or steal the ball from you.

Im done. Im takling to guys that has no clue about basketball.

I never said anything about basketball; and for the record my cross over would snap your ankles. -- Give me 6 months more of rehab and I can show you in real life.

Its obvious uve never played basketball before in your life.

ahahahahahahahahha

I know a 14 yr old girl that can hit 300 yards and beat most of the professional male golfers.

ahahhaahahahah

Boy u guys make males look good dont ya.

ahhahaahahaha

takes mad skills huh.

Hey smarta$$ i played bball for over 10 years, so I know how to play.

That 14 year girl is special. I don't see any other 14 year olds, but then again i was talking 5 not 14 where did you learn to count? :laugh:

I also played football, did crew, and dabbled at baseball so as you can see I have played many sports and most of them, heck all of them better then you :)

This is the stupidest think I have ever heard.

You honestly think dribbling a bball is harder then hitting a golfball 300 yards and straight :laugh: :rotflmao:

You must be the worst bball player ever. You don't even have to think when you dribble it is natural. You have to keep your eye on the golfball and concentrate a lot more then dribbling. Not only are you terrible at golf but you have to concentrate to dribble the ball :laugh:

All you do is play at an angle so the defender can't get the ball if he tries you make it look like foul, then he will backoff :doh:

Can you talk about a sport you might be good at ;)

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

If golf is a sport, then so is calculus.

I don't know about you but I am sweating when it comes down to solving for Given the sequence an = n/(n + 1) find functions f(x), g(x) so that either f(n)/g(n) = an or f(1/n)/g(1/n) = an at every integer number n. :silly:

Golf is a sport. It may not require the same physical stamina as football or basketball, but it does require stamina. It requires tremendous leg strength and great flexability in the upper body. The reason golfers do not look like Lavar is because they would not be able to make a sound swing. However, golf becomes much less of a sport when a cart is used, but some of us prefer to walk. On top of the physical aspects, golf requires sound course management and concentration, which can be mentally draining. Golf is not a reactionary sport, it is a sport that requires the calculation of the conditions, lie, distance, location, type of swing, and finally the execution. Mental drain can greatly effect the bodies ability to execute physical activity, especially when under pressure.

That 14 year girl is special. I don't see any other 14 year olds, but then again i was talking 5 not 14 where did you learn to count? :laugh:

I also played football, did crew, and dabbled at baseball so as you can see I have played many sports and most of them, heck all of them better then you :)

No one cares what you did ya moron.

hahahahaahh

write a book if u want people to know about your lame life.

Oh and another thing, dont you just hate people who thinks they can beat u in certain sports on the internet?

when they say stuff like that they really suck in real life.

no game.

dude wants to play me in b-ball when he thinks golf is harder than b-ball.

hahahahhahha

This is the stupidest think I have ever heard.

You honestly think dribbling a bball is harder then hitting a golfball 300 yards and straight :laugh: :rotflmao:

You must be the worst bball player ever. You don't even have to think when you dribble it is natural. You have to keep your eye on the golfball and concentrate a lot more then dribbling. Not only are you terrible at golf but you have to concentrate to dribble the ball :laugh:

All you do is play at an angle so the defender can't get the ball if he tries you make it look like foul, then he will backoff :doh:

Can you talk about a sport you might be good at ;)

???????????

man u gotta be the dumbest fool ever. and that goes for the rest of u that thinks golf is harder than bball.

i dont even have to know u in real life to knwo taht u ve never played b-ball in your life. your (u think u know it all) posts is enough for me to know that u got no game. u are one of those dude probably dribbled a ball in high school caue it was part of PE. u probably never played high level bball. if u did u prbably played bball with your out of shaped buddies that cant even guard u....

come to my playground. they will make u look like a fool. youll look so stupid u would never wanna play bball.

dude wants to play me in b-ball when he thinks golf is harder than b-ball.

hahahahhahha

You must be the dumbest guy on the entire internet :silly:

I never said Golf was harder then Bball, what i said was hitting a golf ball is harder then dribbling the ball.

You really need some help :doh:

It is sad when all of your friends are online isn't :rotflmao:

by the way when you are debating you don't follow every line with a whole bunch of hahaha's, you actually need to put something postive and concrete to defend your post instead of acting like a 10 year old ;)

By the way I played varsity Bball for 3 years in HS and a little on the college level :)

PS u does not equal you :silly:

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

If golf is a sport, then so is calculus.

AHHAHAHAHAHHAh

so is chess, ballroom dnacing, figure skaters, ping pong, professional poker players uuuh cause it takes mental toughness, also takes lots of stamina cause they think so much they actually lose calorie.

fishing especially when u swordfishing cause those suckers are heavy. takes phsyical skills.

bowling

ahhahahaahhahaha

Dictionary definition of sport:

any activity or experience that gives enjoyment or recreation;

such an activity requiring more or less virgorous bodily exertion and carried on according to some traditional form of rules, whether outdoors, such as football, hunting, GOLF, racing etc, or indoors, as basketball, bowling etc.

Golf is a sport, QED.

In my lifetime, I've played/enjoyed each of the above named sports and did very well in each. Golf is by far the most difficult to excel in by my experience.

Archived