Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anybody here how Taylor did in his private workout??

thew

Shaun Taylor's hamstring was bothering him he says during the combine workout. Resulting in him running a very slow 40 time. I heard he even walked out of the combine before it was over.

He's supposed to have another private workout so his combine slow time won't hurt him in the draft. Anybody know when his private workout is going to be or how he did?

I think that's why the skins are still shopping...

I thought the next workout was next week sometime, but I can't be sure.

Also, Taylor didn't run a very slow 40 time. He ran a 4.51, which is very fast for a safety in the NFL. It just wasn't SHOCKING fast. If he can improve to a Matt Bowen like 4.43 or so, we'd have speed to burn in the defensive secondary should we draft him.

art

Taylor didn't run a very slow 40 time. He ran a 4.51, which is very fast for a safety in the NFL. It just wasn't SHOCKING fast. If he can improve to a Matt Bowen like 4.43

Did you hear his hamstring was bothering him and he left the combine early? I think I heard that on ESPN radio but I haven't been able to confirm it...

They implied his time would keep him out of the top 5 if he doesn't improve in the private workout.

Have you heard any of that?

In his initial private workout -- which was after the combine -- he was reported to have a hamstring that limited some of the workout he could take part in. He didn't do some of the shuttle drills for example. His 40 time was a 4.51 that was run with a supposedly tweaked hammy.

His second private workout is probably more for the shuttle runs and stuff than a very improved 40 time as his time was pretty solid. Just now wow. It was better, for example, than Roy Williams' time. Of course, Roy dropped below No. 5 in a generally weaker draft up top, so, who knows :).

He said he is'nt working out again like 2 weeks ago in a interview. He said he thought he had a very good workout and does'nt listen to the media who say he had a bad workout.

His 4.51 is actually slow for a FS but good for a SS like Roy Williams but that was his best time. He also ran even slower I believe a 4.53 and 4.54 in his other 2.

The hammy thing, I think he exagerated it alot after his times were disappointing. He never mentioned it till after the workouts why not reschedule because of it.

Roy Williams the Cowboys excellent strong safty had a great rookie season last year. Roy was a beast against the run. Shaun Taylor is supposed to be just as good against the run but he's supposed to have cover skills too. I think the bellow average time will hurt Taylor more more than it hurt Williams beecause Taylor was getting credit for cover skills which will be directly affected by his speed.

Anyway... I heard that was why all the sudden his stock dropped a bit.....

Archived