Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Response from Profootballtalk regarding GIBBS TAKES SWIPE AT VINNY

Copy and paste from the response email I received:

In a message dated 4/3/2004 11:02:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, nick_richard@yahoo.com writes:

> How could you possibly infer than Coach Gibbs was implying anything? He was just talking about himself and his selection requirements, never making mention of Vinny Cerato or Daniel

> Snyder.

that's what the word "imply" means -- you diss them without saying their name.

it's like john kerry saying, "if i'm president i won't subject your sons and daughters to torture, death, and/or dismemberment in a foreign country based on faulty intelligence and my own personal vendetta against the country's leader." he wouldn't be mentioning bush by name, but he'd be implying a lot.

All I have to say is the guy is a Jack:censored: and he didn't even respond to the question!! That :cuss: !!!

The proper tact to take with this guy is to say since Gibbs arrived, Vinny's contract was EXTENDED. If Gibbs wanted to take a swipe at Vinny, might he just have hired someone else instead? Or, more, would Gibbs have been implying Vinny was doing a good job by retaining him? Not to mention actually singling out Vinny for how much he liked how he worked.

did anyone tell this guy that "imply" also must show intent. somebody should tell this writter that he can "infer" whatever he want's, but what he infer's is not necessarily what the person was implying. somebody toss this guy a dictionary.

Originally posted by Art

The proper tact to take with this guy is to say since Gibbs arrived, Vinny's contract was EXTENDED. If Gibbs wanted to take a swipe at Vinny, might he just have hired someone else instead? Or, more, would Gibbs have been implying Vinny was doing a good job by retaining him? Not to mention actually singling out Vinny for how much he liked how he worked.

Great points!! Sorry I didn't take a second to think more about it, it was more of a knee-jerk reaction to someone blatantly smearing Gibbs for attention.

Originally posted by nace14

did anyone tell this guy that "imply" also must show intent. somebody should tell this writter that he can "infer" whatever he want's, but what he infer's is not necessarily what the person was implying. somebody toss this guy a dictionary.[/b]

:lol:

Originally posted by Art

Agreed......and let them know that when they're wrong. You'll be sure to let them know this won't be another writer who pretends he never said something when he's proven wrong.

Originally posted by Bufford 3.0

Agreed......and let them know that when they're wrong. You'll be sure to let them know this won't be another writer who pretends he never said something when he's proven wrong.

Florio isn't a writer. He's an accountant who happens to sometimes write stuff. He's so often wrong, if anyone spent time correcting him, we'd have a full time job :).

Originally posted by nace14

did anyone tell this guy that "imply" also must show intent. somebody should tell this writter that he can "infer" whatever he want's, but what he infer's is not necessarily what the person was implying. somebody toss this guy a dictionary.

and a gun :shot:

Originally posted by RabidFan

Isn't this a bit old? Just thought we had a thread on this before.....anything the media pundits can do to make our organization show dissention , they will write it.

Apparently Displaced RF sent the JA at ProFootbalSquawk a missive regarding said JA's liberal use of "inference" on his piddly website and was updating us on JA's response.

- FUF

Archived