Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Patriots looking to move up to 5 to get Jackson (ESPN Insider)

We just wait patiently. I would really like to see us trade down, gather some more picks. I like both Taylor and Winslow, but (a) I'm not sure we can't pick up Taylor later in the round & (B) I don't value either one of them more than getting some more youth/depth. Imagine picking up Troupe, Starks & Odom.

Guys, we need that safety from Miami, even if we have to pick him at #5. Doesn't Roy Williams from the Cowboys scare you? He made that Cowboys D good, and makes Dat Nygen look like he actually belongs in football. Taylor is supposed to be better than Williams. We "did the right thing" with our high picks before when we took Desmond, Shuler, and Westbrook...and got burned. Its not too often a safety gets ranked this high, we have to get him. I'd rather see Taylor in a Redskin helmet, and some no-named DL in a Giants helmet, than some no-named DL in a Redskin helmet and have to send a receiver out to get hammered by Taylor in a Giants helmet.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

I'm not too crazy about trading our #5 pick for NE's two #1's and a #2 and I'll tell you why.

Their first #1 pick is at 21, which is fairly low. Their second #1 pick is at 32. So low that it is really like a #2 pick, being only one spot away from the second round.

Then both their #2 picks are at the bottom of the 2nd round, more like high 3rd round picks then high 2nd round picks.

The problem with the N.E. picks is that they are not high enough in their respective rounds to my liking. :(

I would prefer the Skins traded down from #5 to #10 and pick up a 2nd round pick say with Houston. Then we can still draft a blue-chip player at #10 and also have a higher 2nd round pick then either of N.E.'s. :)

Just remember our Franchise QB was picked @ that spot just a year ago.:hump:

The Giants either take Manning or Gallery. If they trade to 1, it will be Manning. If they stay at four and Gallery is there, he will be the pick. If neither are available, EA and Tom Coughlin will too busy embracing and crying hysterically to pick anyone else.

Oh yeah, I will be too. :cry:

In other words, Gallery doesn't make it past 4 as others have said. No chance.

You guys are in another world.

Why would NE give up so many good draft choices for a RB that can be had in the middle of the first round, and who is not a dominant RB?

Even if all your wet dreams come true (two #1s and a #2) the Skins could not afford the $$$ and cap hit.

:pint:

No way NE moves up that far, because the Skins wouldnt want to move DOWN that far. I think we are still working with The Texans at #10 and picking up their 2nd round pick. That will hopefully net Udeze, and possibly a another d-lineman like the kid from LSU (Lavailis?) or the beast from Oregon (Olshansky?). Maybe even a TE in the second...

Archived