Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Fellow Fans...?

MumboSauce

I'm just curious, why are so may Redskins fans so quick to dismiss, badmouth and putdown a player the minute they are dealt/traded. (not just skins fans im sure there are fans of other teams that do this to thier recently departed player(s) as well)

but, all of a sudden..they werent that good anyway and and a bevy of mistakes and ineptitude is pointed out.

I, like many here have faith in what Gibbs and his team of coaches choose to do personell wise etc. but I'm not going to start badmouthing players the minute they arent redskins.

I still like Stephen Davis, Champ, Trotter, and Johnson. Of course if any of them go against the skins IM a skins fan first and always without question.

I just notice this alot, of course some will say I never liked these players or thought they werent that great even while they were Redskins..and for some that may be true, but for many more I think its bs.

Someone said how could any Redskins fan want/wear a Trotter Jersey...

I think Trott is getting a somewhat unfair shake... true he never lived up to his pro bowl status he earned while an eagle, but did he really get a chance to?

He came in and had to learn a new system, new D coodinator(as alot of skins on D have had to deal with year after year) then he tears his knee up and misses a season. He had a slow season after re-hab this past year...under a flawed coaching staff that didnt have much NFL coaching experience among them. He started to get back to form towards the end, and now he's gone. I dont disagree he lacked discipline at times, didnt stay home, free lanced too much as LaVar did, and when you have two players on your second line of Defense doing that it spells trouble.

I realize alot of this is business and if they can get the same job done for alot less money so be it, but I didnt see that many posts about how terrible a MLB Trotter was untill this recent decision to dissinvite him to the mini and allow him to seek a trade and go in another direction. Please be as open with this as possible without jumping down my throat about it. :2cents:

well i look forward to the upcomming season...though it seems so far far away at this point.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :ravensuck

Originally posted by ciresolstice

I'm just curious, why are so may Redskins fans so quick to dismiss, badmouth and putdown a player the minute they are dealt/traded. (not just skins fans im sure there are fans of other teams that do this to thier recently departed player(s) as well)

but, all of a sudden..they werent that good anyway and and a bevy of mistakes and ineptitude is pointed out.

I, like may here have faith in what Gibbs and his team of coaches choose to do personell wise etc. but I'm not going to start badmouthing players the minute they arent redskins.

I still like Stephen Davis, Champ, Trotter, and Johnson. Of course if any of them go against the skins IM a skins fan first and always without question.

I just notice this alot, of course some will say I never liked these players or thought they werent that great even while they were Redskins..and for some that may be true, but for many more I think its bs.

Someone said how could any Redskins fan want/wear a Trotter Jersey...

I think Trott is getting a somewhat unfair shake... true he never lived up to his pro bowl status he earned while an eagle, but did he really get a chance to?

He came in and had to learn a new system, new D coodinator(as alot of skins on D have had to deal with year after year) then he tears his knee up and misses a season. He had a slow season after re-hab this past year...under a flawed coaching staff that didnt have much NFL coaching experience among them. He started to get back to form towards the end, and now he's gone. I dont disagree he lacked discipline at times, didnt stay home, free lanced too much as LaVar did, and when you have two players on your second line of Defense doing that it spells trouble.

I realize alot of this is business and if they can get the same job done for alot less money so be it, but I didnt see that many posts about how terrible a MLB Trotter was untill this recent decision to dissinvite him to the mini and allow him to seek a trade and go in another direction. Please be as open with this as possible without jumping down my throat about it. :2cents:

well i look forward to the upcomming season...though it seems so far far away at this point.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :ravensuck

You certainely have a point with some of the more vocal fans on this website, but I think it would be a mistake to think that's the majority of us. The thing that's happening to Trotter now is exactly the same type of treatment Champ started to get once his name was mentioned in trade deals.

In Trotter's case though, the fans have a little more of a leg to stand on. Trotter was a huge dissapointment to those of us who hoped he would be a steal in free agency. Trotter I think was one of those guys that we all expected to turn his play around at some point...he had the physical tools...and flashes of brilliance.

But I think thgat ulimately when the team gave up on him some fans felt legitmate in letting their frustrations for failed expectations out....afterall, what's to lose? You're not bad mouthing a skin anymore...just someone who, for lack of a better term...."failed".

I think many of us judge things on a player by player basis...tasking into consideration the situations that player experienced while here. But, as with any NFL team there will be a segment of fans that enjoy scapegoating even talented players...once they find themselves elsewhere.

Trotter, though, is not a good example...there ia a lot of cause to seriously question his skill at this stage in his career......and serious proof to show that his Redskin career was a flop.

good points on trotter...i think we all wanted to see him under williams to see if he could be the player he was in Philly, but if the system was read and react with speed....he just isn't suited for that......as for Champ, he wanted to leave in the end regardless and got paid insanely ala Daryl Gardener did......for johnson he is just getting paid too much in year one for us with still needs on DL and with sellers and ware we can find or draft someone to fill that role .

There's a related phenomena with some fans regarding existing 'Skins players who dare to open their mouths about contract issues or who voice dissatisfaction or doubt about the Redskins. Let's call it the "STFU Syndrome". Arrington or Ramsey or Samuels or Jansen should be traded the minute they utter something that goes against some utopian notion of a Redskins' group hug scenario.

Arrington is a classic case. He's got a beef against the front office, legitimate or not. In my mind, he's doing a great job of separating the business side from the football side of things. Yet there's been a number of people saying "STFU" and "Trade him." Just a little too reactionary, IMO.

yeah, i appreciate the words you all have said here...

everyone is entitled to his or her opinion of team/player etc of course. but its nice to know I have some company as far as these feelings go.

I try to be realistic..but admit im a biased fan...i think almost any fan is to some degree, some more than others. Im not a blind fan....but def hold some favoritism/bias.

I think a lot of people are quick to jump on the bandwagon if they see other people are bashing a player.

I think J trott is an above average MLB, but if Joe diesn't think he fits the redskins mold, I'm not going to argue because he knows a hell of a lot more than me.

I took a lot of heat in my office for cheering the release of Stephen Davis. Especially after he caught on in Carolina. But everytime he turned around here in DC he was coming up hurt. Just wasn't durable enough for my taste. Plus I didn't think he was reliable in short yardage situations.

To be honest I was glad to see Champ go. Why should the skins pay a huge amount of money to a player who only picked off 2 balls last year? Don't get me wrong Champ is a great corner, but we don't need a superstar at corner. I'd rather have a good to great corner and have money left over to spend on the rest of the secondary. God knows we need help at safety.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on Bryan Johnson. To be honest I forgot he was on the team until I started reading these forums.

That being said I can't wait for the season to start. I just can't stop thinking about football !!

:soapbox:

Archived