Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Funny Tidbit about Chamberline and Raymer

StevieInferior

. . . Jansen on having center Cory Raymer back: ``He's as ugly as ever.''
And yet another are-you-kidding: Byron Chamberlain showed up out of shape. He looked as big as he did last season when he was quite rotund. During one game in 2003 in which he was inactive, Chamberlain was spotted buying hot dogs at halftime. Can't imagine he'll last long.

http://redskins.theinsiders.com/2/246200.html

Oh no, Byron. I really liked him too when he was in Denver and Minnesota. Why is he Bacon Chamberlain when he comes here?

Thank God that Samuels and Jansen can quickly regain a rapport with their old center. Offensive lines have to stay together. I think only one possible player switch this year will do wonders for everyone.

This may be one of the FA moves that Gibbs talking about that was a mistake. Chamberlain was given a chance to resurrect his career here..... and they made a decision to keep him and pay the $50K bonus. Turns out... he's as fat as his was last year and going to be no help for the Redskins as a pass catcher. Well, on second thought.... if Bugel thinks of his TEs as "outside tackles"... Chamberlain is certainly rounding into Tackle-Like shape.

Originally posted by Skinderella

That's too bed. Was hoping Chamberlain would show up in shape. He's great for me in Madden.

It's crazy how good he is in Madden. He might be the most overrated player in the game.

I keep telling people that guys like Chamberlain and Russell were released for reasons that you don't want to pick them up.

These were not moves made to release players because of salary escalations under the cap or a logjam of talent at the positions in question.

these players were set adrift because they weren't in shape and had other issues that limited their ability to contribute.

Nothing has changed.

After 3 years of carrying him the Redskins finally jettisoned Zeron Flemister.

Let's do the same with Chamberlain and go with some guys that are hungry and want to be NFLers :D

Originally posted by Skinderella

That's too bed. Was hoping Chamberlain would show up in shape. He's great for me in Madden.

Im 8 seasons into my franchise, but geez, I had Chamberlain for the first 2 starting and a reserve the 3rd season as he was going to retire; I drafted Heath Miller and hes turned out great also. Chamberlain was simply amazing in the game, had speed, power, and great hands.

I think we may be overlooking another H-back possibility, 6'3" 258lbs. Leonard Stephens. He caught a couple balls for S2, and I thought he seemed coachable and willing to work.

As for Chamberlain, release that punk.

Originally posted by Cskin

I think we may be overlooking another H-back possibility, 6'3" 258lbs. Leonard Stephens. He caught a couple balls for S2, and I thought he seemed coachable and willing to work.

As for Chamberlain, release that punk.

Leonard Stephens?

Wasn't this guy a stock broker before we signed him off the street last year?

I'll pass.

Archived