Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

skins cant match johnson

bsmsss

his cap # is way to high for a fb--2,2mil on this yrs cap is way to much

the skins still need more d line help,a safety,a lb and a top 5 pick to sign

thus say good bye to johnson --they will not match

this is also being reported on fox sports by czar in his weekly article

While I like Johnson, I think we should pass in order to keep cap room to match for McCants if he gets signed to a contract. Didn't we resign a previous FB that we had a couple of years ago? He played in Canada recently...the name is escaping me. Wait, got it, Mike Sellers. What are our plans for Sellers going to be this season?

I do not know how effective BJ was as a lead blocker. To my untrained eye he appeared to do quite well in that role, and he had good hands to catch balls out of the backfield. I believe that he is a better blocker than Rock.

Problem is: Portis was successful in a system with a strong lead blocker, not a one-back offense like Gibbs used with Riggins and the other successful big runners from the 1980s.

We will need to find a good lead blocker, and Sellers is not it! He played here before and di not show me much. we let him leave without a fuss, and he was much younger then.

Chamberlain is a Pillsbury dough-boy. He is big, but I do not see him as an effective blocker.

:hammer:

Originally posted by laurent

Sellers was a great lead blocker for Stephen Davis while he was here. He's certainly more than capable to hold his own out there.

I'm sorry laurent, but I can't seem to remember what the topic is about. Thought of fine boooootaaaay just jumps to the top of my mnd. ;)

GB laurent, he's a mighty good man!!!

Originally posted by jljorge

What about Rock Cartwright! He's undersized but he blocks like hell.

If Gibbs brings back the one-back offence he ran here before there isn't much need for a FB. The H-back takes the place of the FB. If the Redskins don't sign Johnson, look for them to draft Winslow instead of Taylor.

I want to know what source you have stating that the 'Skins can't match Johnson. I remember him trying to set the record for starting the most number of threads in such a short span of time. I think I'll believe this when someone more reliable breaks the story. In other words: I'm not buying your BS, bsmsss.

Archived