Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why wouldnt we want to Draft Sean Taylor???

diego1115

If Gibbs wants to win NOW...why would we trade down to get players later in the draft that wont be anything but special teams players for the forseeable future??

If we do get an additional, lets say a 3rd and 4th rder....who in those positions do you REALLY think could come into camp and actually earn a starting nod position besides maybe fullback...which i doubt very seriously because Rock Cartwright/Bryan Johnson are very capable backs

With TAYLOR...he's GONNA START DAY 1....and remember....GIBBS WANTS TO WIN NOW.....

I have no doubt that is the plan, but no one will hear confirmation on that until we draft him.

I think Williams has probably known all along that pick was his and it is for defense.

Taylor is a difference maker, plain and simple. Anyone who saw him play against FSU knows the guy plays big time football.

I'll be shocked if we don't draft him.

Sean Taylor should be our pick. I agree with alot of you that are saying if there was a dominant DT or De that we should take them, but there is not. Plus look at what some of the early drafted Dlineman have done recently. It is hard to gauge who will be a stud and who will be a chump. Taylor is a star who will win games with his great range. Just a thought.

Here is my point of view. We don't have Champ taking away that side of the field anymore. We got Springs who while healthy is decent and won't be a weak spot. But now we need to scare the other team in another way. Taylor back there is a game changer. We let go of Champ but add Taylor, I believe overall our DB's are better with Smoot, Springs, Taylor and Bowen over Smoot, Bailey, Bowen and Iffy.

Anouther point is that we will need some one in the secondary to help with Meshawn Johnson, and if the cry baby gets his way T.O. Taylor will help ease the loss of Bailey. I don't feel comfortable with Smoot, or Springs matched up man to man with either of those two, and no great safties for help.

Mike Minter is a good S too but before they got their line and Dan Morgan together they stunk on D.

Good defenses make safeties look good. Please tell me no one thinks Rodney Harrison wasn't washed up but made good by the scheme and having Ty Law and a good team D front 7.

>>if the cry baby gets his way T.O.<< It would rank as one of the most shocking events of the year...and if he does get his free agency I do believe that the Eagles play Baltimore this year...oh tell me that Ray Lewis wouldn't be licking his lips over the prospect of nailing T-O coming across the middle.

Originally posted by Ghost of LeBuster Jenkins

Mike Minter is a good S too but before they got their line and Dan Morgan together they stunk on D.

Good defenses make safeties look good. Please tell me no one thinks Rodney Harrison wasn't washed up but made good by the scheme and having Ty Law and a good team D front 7.

if you are going to argue about schemes than you have to look at greg williams' schemes which center around the play of his safty. taylor is the right guy for williams' d, not udezi or harris or another dline man right now (not to say we don't need to upgrade). but taylor is the player that williams can build his d around and who williams needs to run his d.

Originally posted by diego1115

so your gonna build your team around some 4th & 5th rders???

I dont get it....it isnt like our late rders have been worthwhile the last 10 years anyway....:doh1:

There's no way in hell we'd only get a later 1st + a 4th or 5th rounder for the 5th overall....even though we've been giving away picks like halloween candy.....it'd have to be a mid-round 1st PLUS a 2nd PLUS a later round, or nothing at all. Not worth it any other way.....Another option is to do what we did 2002, trade down twice in the 1st round, we were able to secure the 32nd overall, a 2nd and two thirds after the dust cleared, if I'm not mistaken....

- FUF

Problem is, Williams said himself he needs explosiveness from the ends and corners.

He never mentioned safety.(at first)

Yeah he's had good safeties--you think Blaine Bishop is a Sean Taylor? Come on. You don't need to be great back there, just competent.

Originally posted by MidPennSkin

If we trade with Houston, we would get their #10 and #40 for our #5. There will be a lot of good players available at the #40 slot.

I'm not so convinced Houston would give up a reasonably early 2nd rounder to move up 5 spots. Def. a 3rd rounder though. Have we heard them say anything about this?

The first two rounds should really produce guys that start very soon. Rounds 3 and 4 produce some starters and some decent backups. Later rounds is where you're hoping to take a gamble on a guy or maybe just fill special teams spots and such...

Originally posted by Ghost of LeBuster Jenkins

Problem is, Williams said himself he needs explosiveness from the ends and corners.

He never mentioned safety.(at first)

Yeah he's had good safeties--you think Blaine Bishop is a Sean Taylor? Come on. You don't need to be great back there, just competent.

did you really just say, "you don't need to be great back there, just competent"?

wow, i'll let you rephrase yourself before i dive into that one

Originally posted by swissarmy47

I'm not so convinced Houston would give up a reasonably early 2nd rounder to move up 5 spots.

If they won't, then Gibbs won't do the trade. #5 for #10 and #40 is an even trade according to the draft value chart. And Gibbs has said that he isn't going to trade unless someone makes an irresistable offer, which means something better than the value chart calls for.

Archived