Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Palm Beach Post:Ogunleye may seek trade

GatorEye

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/auto/epaper/editions/sunday/sports_04a47a61438812c81080.html

This could be good news if Seattle and Philly have already filled their needs at DE. Perhaps the market for him might not be as bad and the price might not be as high. Maybe we could trade our #5 for two first rounders and offer up one to Miami for him.

I wouldn't mind him instead of Kearse since the asking price seems like it will be a lot cheaper.

As we've seen with Champ, the asking price is negotiable. The number 5 is better than some other teams' first and third. This guy was a stud who was injured in his senior year of college, thus no one knew him. ESPN insider has him rated as better than Darren Howard.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

We won't have a #5 if the offer sheet for Butler goes through.

Sorry, when I said #5, I meant trade our first round pick (the #5 selection) for 2 first round picks (via NE). Then we could offer one of those to Miami and still have a first round pick to use on someone else.

More and more this is a trade possibility that might be something we'd have interest in. Ogunleye had 9.5 sacks two years ago and 15 sacks last year. You almost have to think he's a legitimate pass rusher worth pursuing. I would NOT give up No. 5 for him. However, I MIGHT consider giving up NEXT year's No. 1 AND No. 2 for him right now.

If it's good enough, great :).

Archived