Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JAWS isn't Biased, Gives Gibbs an A+ In Free Agency So Far

Gibbs has more talent starting here in 2004 than he had in Washington in 1981.

People say he can't win in the era of free agency because he can't handle the changeover in personnel from year to year.

BUT, isn't he and his veteran staff supposed to be very good teachers and creative in the use of talent? :)

That seems to indicate the Redskins will be able to find replacements to step up and fill the voids when the time comes.

Originally posted by Ernie5

So . . . ESPN employees Jaws and Salisbury believe the Redskins got the better of the Portis deal, but ESPN lardneck says that every personnel guy in the league thinks the Skins got fleeced. I see a problem here.

So do I...Lardneck has been trashing the Skins every chance he gets (ever since Coach Gibbs came back)...I think he's crying sour grapes cause he didn't get the scoop...however just about every analyst (including Terry Bradshaw) have said it was the best move Snyder has made.

Jaws admits his Eagles bias openly and I got no problem with that because he is a very intelligent analyist.:2cents:

IGWT, Ramsey is a Joe Gibbs type QB. But the only diffrence is Ramsey's experience. Joe always had veteran strong armed smart QB's. Not saying that Ramsey's not smart, just lacking in the experience category opposed to Brunell.

Ramsey will get his shot only if he chooses to stick around. So believe, Ramsey wil be even smarter and wiser after watching a veteran QB like Brunell and how the Gibbs system operates. And that's if he on the sidelines and doesn't win the starting job.

Go..Skins

Maybe he is biased In the "correct" direction of course.

This thread is a joke and so is most of the posters.

So if someone writes something critical against the Skins they are "biased" but so long as you agree with them then they are good sportswriters?

Seems you are the biased ones. I am a devout Redskins fan but I don't hate everyone automatically just because they may say something critical about the Redskins. Thats a sure sign of being a bandwagon-homer. I doubt most of you would be in this chatroom without Gibbs being the new coach.

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Originally posted by SKINZ_DOMIN8

So if someone writes something critical against the Skins they are "biased" but so long as you agree with them then they are good sportswriters?

Seems you are the biased ones. I am a devout Redskins fan but I don't hate everyone automatically just because they may say something critical about the Redskins. Thats a sure sign of being a bandwagon-homer. I doubt most of you would be in this chatroom without Gibbs being the new coach.

I understand what your saying and there is a grain of truth in it but Lenny the hutt has it out for Snyder and what Lenny says can't be listened to as objective journalism.

I've loved Jaws for the last six years and Jaws has always been a straight shoter with everyone. I think he's the best analyst in football and definitely in the top 3.

I have reservations about the Daniels signing. I think his best days are behind him.

A lot of reporters will say one thing before the season started. Once we start winning, the same reporters will begin to say how improved the players are, etc. etc.

Reporting is supposed to be *reporting* the news - not editorializing it and giving opinion unless that is what role that specific reporter has.

First of all that's "so ARE most of the posters." if you're going to be a troll and a thread nazi, (and a very simple one at that), try to at least do it somewhat correctly.

Second the only joke here is in fact your post. Which doesn't seem to be new for you. This thread is just like many others on this "board", (not chatroom), in that it's sharing a point of view from one of the analysts on ESPN. Browse around and you'll find many with "Clayton, Patrick, ect..", in the title. That's what we do here and I really shouldn't have to explain that to you. Judging by the above post, I guess I do. Jaws has been long respected here, and not because he gives credit to the Skins. It's because the man is just that good. He heavily criticized the Skins last year and many here were in agreement. had to be. He showed it. Expained it and knows his football.

Third, making sweeping generalizations about the reasons behind membership, calling people "bandwagon-homer", and giving the board 8 mooning smileys demonstrates more than a little tone deafness. Careful.

Do some jump on everything that's critical? Sure. That's what fans do. Doesn't make them anything more or less than, well, fans. But for the most part, we're alot like most on this thread. Like and respect the man's opinion because it is based on "experience", unlike some whos opinion is based more on what they "think" they know as opposed to what they "do" know.

THings are coming aroung for us slowly but surely. WE are just a couple more key acquisitions away from being a playoff team. I think Gibbs will make it happen, and then a lot of the analysts will be saying I told you so. Eventhough they never give the Skins a snowball's chance in H***.

Third, making sweeping generalizations about the reasons behind membership, calling people "bandwagon-homer", and giving the board 8 mooning smiliys demostrates again, that you sir are the joke.

I won't even dignify a resonse to this one. Okay then, next

Do some jump on everything that's critical? Sure. That's what fans do. Doesn't make them anything more or less than, well, fans. But for the most part, we're alot like most on this thread. Like and respect the man's opinion because it is based on "experience", unlike some whos opinion is based more on what they "think" they know as opposed to what they "do" know.

You actually make my real point. Fans that start acting like a bunch of crybabies each time someone writes anything remotely derogatory about their team aren't real fans. Real fans will not judge the writer but judge what is written. How many threads/posts have been made that show Pasquarelli as Jabba the Hut or some other stupid picture? People that do that crap aren't any better than he is.

And another thing, its funny how some of them bash Jets fans when they aren't any better.

Member# 7797 | Location: | Registered: Feb 2004

LOL oh the irony.

Archived