Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Armsteads replacement

Chrisbob74

With Jessie gone, what do you guys think is the best way to replace him?

Myself, considering we created this "need" I would like to see us go with what we have and let Antonio Pierce and Lamar Marshall fight it out for the starters job.

Somehow though, I don't see this happening, so, considering our lack of draft picks if we are going to make an addition here, it will be via FA.

Here's the top ten OLB's according to The Huddle Report

Julian Peterson 49ers

Carlos Emmons Eagles

Ian Gold Broncos

Eric Barton Raiders

Marcus Washington Colts

Brandon Short Giants

Barrett Green Lions

Dhani Jones Giants

T.J. Slaughter Ravens

Greg Favors Panthers

Warrick Holdman and maybe one or two other names will be added to that list come March 3rd depending on cuts around the league.

I couldn't really pick a name out of that list, Peterson is outstanding but we can't pay him or afford the picks the Niners want as he is franchised.

Whoever we get, I hope we get good value.

I really like Ian Gold, assuming he returns to form after the injury. He's by far the best on that list if he's healthy, IMO.

Marcus Washington has a whole lot of potential, i definitely would want him the most. Considering theres questions around Gold.

LaVar Arrington will be the next weakside linebacker of the Washngton Redskins :D

Williams and Blache are going to put Arrington in the role he is best suited for and the Redskins will then go out and get a stay at home veteran LB to play the strongside and take the sting out of the opposition's run side.

again, restructuring Armstead's contract at age 33 didn't make much sense if the Redskins were going to move Arrington to the weakside.

Jessie isn't big enough to play the SAM spot, so we are going to need to go in a new direction at LB.

If Williams and Blache were going to leave Arrington at SLB then keeping Armstead should have been a priority as he had a very good 2003 season for the team.

Why not go with Pierce or Marshal or Mitchel? I think between the three one will step and be a solid pro.....We don't need pro-bowlers at every position. That really hasn't worked out for us. Also, I would of rather lost Trotter, he has not impressed me at all yet, he blows alot of assignments!:puke:

Dont know too much about this Favors guy but I did see him in on a couple of good plays during the few Carolina games I saw. He'd probably be cheap, maybe we could look into that.

And most all of those others would be very good replacements.

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

With Jessie gone, what do you guys think is the best way to replace him?

Myself, considering we created this "need" I would like to see us go with what we have and let Antonio Pierce and Lamar Marshall fight it out for the starters job.

Somehow though, I don't see this happening, so, considering our lack of draft picks if we are going to make an addition here, it will be via FA.

Here's the top ten OLB's according to The Huddle Report

Julian Peterson 49ers

Carlos Emmons Eagles

Ian Gold Broncos

Eric Barton Raiders

Marcus Washington Colts

Brandon Short Giants

Barrett Green Lions

Dhani Jones Giants

T.J. Slaughter Ravens

Greg Favors Panthers

Warrick Holdman and maybe one or two other names will be added to that list come March 3rd depending on cuts around the league.

I couldn't really pick a name out of that list, Peterson is outstanding but we can't pay him or afford the picks the Niners want as he is franchised.

Whoever we get, I hope we get good value.

Archived