Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCants to get 1st Round Tender???

StevieInferior

Originally posted by Burgold

I like the news about McCants, but I want to know about Iffy. I still think with the right coaching and his instincts he could be a very nice player for us.

I agree with you about Iffy this is a guy who is always positive no matter what is going on around him. Plus with good coaching he can emerged as a playmaker in this system. He seems to be a Joe Gibbs kind of guy. :applause:

you guys seem to dislike Gardner, i really dont understand why. Hes just as good as any 2nd receiver out there, if not better. He lacks speed, but he does have the power to break through, Coles lacks the same level of power. McCants or Jacobs are nowhere as good as Gardner, and he would be a bad person to tradeaway, there is a stereotypical redskin trade, where the player kills after leaving the team.

I believe that Rod is entering his final year, which would make it a bit harder to trade him.

I think we should try to trade him because we'll lose him for nothing next year. McCants isn't going to be eating the cap with his tender, that's just to stop other teams from getting at him. We should negotiate a long term contract with McCants and his cap hit will be small this year.

Players step up when given the chance. If McCants or Jacobs had proven that they were a legit #2 then they would have already taken the job from Rod. Trade him before that happens.

no problem Baculus, We are all proud of D-MAC in the D. State community. Also, He probably would have given the Iggles serious cinsideration if the skins didn't want to keep him because one of his favorite college teamates (Jamal Jackson) is an up and coming O-Line stud for them. I'm going to bless extremeskins.com with some great pics next year following DSU's homecoming. He's always there, and I always chat with him when I see him there.

You Gardner haters are a hoot. Nope, I don't want a productive WR on my team either (sarcasm dripping). I'd rather vastly overpay McCants who doesn't have the pedigree of Gardner. I also love how Gardner bashers say how much he sucks and how obvious it is to them and yet other teams will trade something great for him. What a trip!

Peace Out

Other teams would trade something for him because most teams don't have the potential depth at the Wideout position that we do. Gardner is a lazy player, and definately does not play up to his potential, AT ALL! McCants has the character, and he WANTS to play, and he MAKES plays. When did Gardner make a clutch play last year? Sure he was a 1,000 yard receiver the year before, and the ONLY person to throw to.

I do say keep Gardner for one more year though, and see if he wants to prove himself under Gibbs and see if the discipline on the team reforms him to the talent he was coming out of Clemson. If he plays this year like he does Last year, get rid of him. As for everybody that says Gardner is a proven #2, that is so BS. He was never a proven #1, hence the signing of Coles.

Archived