Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glazer: No 2nd Rounder (Per orange Mane)

StevieInferior

If true I am all for this trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Glazer (Sportsline)

Deal might be done tonight

With bonuses and base salary, Champ will get around $25 mil in the first 3 years of the deal

Didn't say what the deal was, but when Tim Ring asked what Denver would do with their 1st, 2nd and the Skins 2nd, Glazer never said Denver wasn't getting the Skins 2nd.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=10133

You want to watch the things Glazer says closely right now. The Skins are using Glazer to tweak Lenny. They are making kissy face with CBS Sportsline to cheese Lenny off. They gave him the Gibbs story. They may give him this too.

If it's true that the Skins aren't giving up their No. 2 it means a very simple thing. It means we have a FIRM offer from someone else -- Jets perhaps -- that we've told Denver is just too good and they believed us :).

I don't think that this quote:

"but when Tim Ring asked what Denver would do with their 1st, 2nd and the Skins 2nd, Glazer never said Denver wasn't getting the Skins 2nd."

Validates the conclusion you used in the title of this thread:

"Glazer: No 2nd Rounder (Per orange Mane) "

My reading is that, if anything, the original quote passively confirms that we ARE sending a 2nd round pick along with Champ to the Broncos.

Am I missing something here?

Focus on the positive. The skins finally have a stud back who is also capable of taking it to the house on every touch.:applause: :applause: :applause: And no candidate doesn't count the dude is could be taken down by Deion Sanders and he's the slowest fast guy I've ever seen on a football field.

I think that we will have to give up the 2nd pick to Denver because they know that we need to get rid of Bailey for Free Agency (cap room) and they don't. They have all the leverage. They also know that the likelyhood of us drafting a 1,500 yard back in the draft is slim to none, considering the Redskins have never had that before.

I have to question the validity of the updated status of this trade. Though the 25 million number lends some credibility. Can someone post the link to glazer's story?

I am so tired of seeing the Jon Clayton's update on ESPN I am going to have nightmares.

Hold your horses there just may be some legs to this story after all.

Just read this little tidbit on the hailredskins forum:

"Jay Glazer on the Champ/Portis trade

He said online and on Fox Sports that Denver is leaning towards just a straight up trade Champ for Portis. No second rounder draft pick included. There might be conditional picks involved on both sides, but that wouuld be next year's draft. If it's Champ for Portis: YOU PULL THAT TRIGGER. And the Post is saying that Portis and the skins are negotiating for a LONG term deal."

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?threadid=8921

EDIT: It just occured to me that the guy who wrote this at hailredskins might have used the original post on THIS thread as his source. Has anyone heard what Glazer actually said?

Originally posted by BCS: BadContractSexton

Hold your horses there just may be some legs to this story after all.

Just read this little tidbit on the hailredskins forum:

"Jay Glazer on the Champ/Portis trade

He said online and on Fox Sports that Denver is leaning towards just a straight up trade Champ for Portis. No second rounder draft pick included. There might be conditional picks involved on both sides, but that wouuld be next year's draft. If it's Champ for Portis: YOU PULL THAT TRIGGER. And the Post is saying that Portis and the skins are negotiating for a LONG term deal."

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?threadid=8921

That sounds better...

Originally posted by BCS: BadContractSexton

DISCLAIMER REGARDING MY LAST POST:

It just occured to me that the guy who wrote this at hailredskins might have used the original post on THIS thread as his source. Has anyone heard what Glazer actually said?

The uncertainty continues.

not to mention 2 minutes later the same guy posted:

"also:

a radio station in Denver is saying that this deal is done. Champ and a #2 for Portis(and maybe a conditional pick next year)"

That sounds TONS better. If it included THIS YEAR'S 2nd round pick, I would be the first to call Snyder a BONEHEAD!

Bosko, WHAT in God's name makes you think Portis will ever rush for 2000 yards? He would have to carry the ball around 365 times at 5.5 yards per carry to accomplish that. He doesn't have the frame, the weight and probably not the stamina. I would be perfectly happy with 1400-1600 yards per year for the next few years.

I'll tell you what. I live in Colorado. I'm just assuming you do too. If Portis every gets 2000 yards, I'll buy you dinner.

The fact that reasonable numbers the 25mil for the 1st 3 years for Champ leads me to believe it may have been reported somewhere. The question is where? Here comes the same damn ESPN news story and soon Clayton again. It's time to sleep.

BTW some of the bronco fans on orange mane are crazy. Then again half of the people on this site thing smoot is better than Champ.

Archived