Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Method Man's Guide for Offseason

method man

this may be too much right now. i mentioned this in another thread and from the two responses i got it was positive. i want to c how u guys think about this

i agree with the houston trade, however i would try to get domanick davis in the trade. so it would be #10, davis, 6th/7th rounder. the texans may be willing to give up davis due to having hollings also on the roster. or we can trade the our 1st rounder to the browns for their 1st and william green and a 6th/7th rounder because the browns are probably goin to be interested in shawn andrews, sean taylor, kellen winslow (butch-miami connection). plus lee suggs doing so good in the last game of the season last year and greens behavorial problems may make this trade acceptable to the browns.

i do not fully agree with ur champ scenario. i would trade him tto detroit for their #6, shawn rogers (signed to multiyear deal bcause next year will be last year in deal), and a 7th rounder for champ.

then we would trade the #6 down for a 1st round pick in the 12-15 range plus a second rounder/a player who can help us.

(if we want a player, i am thinking jets at #12 with abraham or bills at #13 with schoebel and a 3rd/4th rounder or #14 with alex brown [who we shouldve taken instead of russell also craver instead of bauman] and a 3rd/4th rounder, but if we trade for a player it is probably due to us not signing a good pass rusher in free agency and not drafting udeze so i will assume 2nd rounder)

so in free agency we sign possibly charles woodson [raiders may not have enough cap room to franchise him] who would not be a dropoff from bailey. we also sign jeff blake (if we dont get brunell), grant wistrom, erron kinney, keith traylor/robaire smith (probably traylor because he is big and would be perfect in 3-4). *wynn is released unless he reduces contract. if he reduces then wistrom wont be signed* (altho williams plays a 3-4 i think he will promote from the ranks for the 4th linebacker spot like pierce). we also fail to upgrade at RB due to the lack of quality runners on the market. the only possible option may be charlie garner who may be too old so we will draft one to start in 2005.

arite so here is draft (with what i think will happen):

1(8) Kenechi Udeze

a bit raw still but tons of potential. at 285, is a speed rusher. intelligent. shows good work ethic by dropping over 60 pounds over his stay at USC

1(13) Randy Starks

Randy Starks is a guy with a tremendous amount of potential. his ceiling is as high as tommie harris's. he was first team all-acc last year. weighs 310 and set maryland weight room bench record with over 600 pounds. this pick may turn out to be kevin jones however if we dont acquire davis or green

2 - ben troupe

not that far away from cry baby winslow. best blocking TE in the draft as well as a good receiver. day 1 starter material. potential pro bowler.

2- Michael Boulware

Jessie Armstead is not going to be resigned after next season. With Pierce already taking one of the linebacker spots in the 3-4, one more will be needed. Boulware may be the answer to replace Armstead with a year of grooming and learning behind the others. could be good home grown talent. if starks is not taken, could turn out to be marcus tubbs or another DT.

3- madieu williams

really underrated FS from maryland so a local kid. really smart. plays run and pass equally well. would be upgrade over bowen.

5- yet to be decided

6- yet to be decided

7- yet to be decided

acquired players in draft: domanick davis

so the starting lineup (by ranking best player available on the team)

Offense:

QB: Pat Ramsey

Main Backup: Jeff Blake

Grade: B+

RB: Domanick Davis

Main Backup: Rock Cartwright or Ladell Betts (who may be traded for more picks)

Grade: A

TE: Ben Troupe, Erron Kinney

Main Backup: Robert Royal

OT: Jansen, Samuels

Main Backup: Brandon Winey/Kenyatta Jones (training camp battle)

Grade: A+

OG: Thomas, Dockery

Main Backup: Dave Fiore

Grade: B+ (unsure about health of fiore and docks pass protection)

C: Friedman

Main Backup: Larry Moore (may draft a center wit 5th rounder)

Grade: C

WR: Coles, Gardner

Main Backup: D-Mac (any of the backups could be capable no. 3 receivers bsides maybe russell)

*note* there will be no fullback in gibbs's offense hence the reason why there is 2 starting tight ends.

Defense:

DE: K. Udeze, R. Wynn

Main Backup: Peppi Zellner

Grade: B

DT: Keith Traylor

Main Backup: Randy Starks (noble and haley will have training camp battle for no. 3 DT role and loser will be cut)

OLB: Arrington, Armstead

Main Backup: Michael Boulware

MLB: Pierce (altho a OLB, looks big enough to be a MLB), Trotter

Main Backup: Kevin Mitchell

Grade: B/B+ (on margin)

SS: Ifeanyi Ohalete

Main Backup: Todd Franz/Andre Lott (training camp battle, loser will be cut)

Grade: C+

FS: Madieu Williams (one of the battles of training camps, gibbs will come away impressed with williams)

Main Backup: Matt Bowen

Grade: B+ (bowen will be awesome in the no. 3 safety role as he was in green bay)

CB: Smoot, Woodson

Main Backup: Rashad Bauman

Grade: A/A+ (may need to get a nickel corner in free agency to compete with bauman for nickel role and loser will be no. 4 CB; depth is required)

Special Teams:

KR: Chad Morton, Cliff Russell

Grade: B+ (have potential to be awesome)

PR: Chad Morton

Grade: B (morton doesnt seem to be that good of a punt returner)

P: Andy Groom

Grade: B (but anything is an upgrade over barker)

K: John Hall

Grade: B+ (consistent from within 40 yards; willing to bet on his 50-yard field goals)

LS: Ethan Albright

This takes into note that smith, dalton, canidate, and chamberlain will all be gone.

Gregg williams doesnt run a 3-4. I think Traylor is washed up. I dont think pierce is starting material. I like the starks pick. Hes going to be a solid DT. I also like Troupe, although i dont think he will be available in the 2nd round. We would probably have to go for ben watson of georgia. How would we get domanick davis? Hes not going to be available in trade.

if not domanick davis, how about tony hollings? the texans have a surplus at RB. if williams does not run a 3-4 then starks could start rookie year or we could get shawn rogers in that detroit trade. I believe traylor has 1 or 2 more good seasons in him if he is used a bit carefully. ben watson would also be good. pierce did start in 2001, i believe and had a solid season. many publications have said that he will become the eventual successor for armstead. prisco or glazer said that last summer.

smootskins,

would you be satisfied a trade for clevelands first-rounder and william green would work?

domanick davis may be considered to be traded, because houston has some serious woes in the passing defense game and the infusion of bailey would make them good in that department. plus, they may want give hollings a chance to start as he was there second round pick this year in the supplemental draft.

for sure, william green, if he can ditch the demons in his personal life, and domanick davis would be big upgrades and may be better than anyone else currently on the free agent market.

wut do others think?

I wouldn't risk it on Hollings. He was fragile at GA Tech and we've already got Canidate and Betts to play the role of oft injured RB. I'd much rather we trade down and maneuver our way to draft Greg Jones in the lower part of the first round (ie before the Tuna gets a chance to get his hooks into him).

You are already wrong on the Qb's Brunell is all but a done deal.

We will not be running a 3-4 defense and Keith Traylor? Ted Washington seems to be a target.

I really think Wynn is all but gone with his cap and lack off production. Gibbs will not like the lack of production and cap hit he takes up.

The draft I would love to get the 6th pcik from detriot then move that to NE for there 21st and 32nd giving us 3 first round picks but only one in the top 10.

No way that Houston gives up Davis, considering the fact that they really haven't had a good running back aside from him and he has proven himself as a legitimate skill player. Also, no way that Gibbs wants to waste his time with William Green ... too many issues there. It is one thing to have Manley on your team who started off relatively clean. It is another to know about it and still take the risk.

Williams has said that our base package on defense will be the 4-3.

Finally, Brunell is a done deal. Blake will not join us.

Archived