Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What we need!

Renegade7

I've truelly gotten tired of reiterating the same thing over and over and over again. But i'll do what it takes for ya'll to see some of my light. There's a thread about this, but i felt this was to long to have it put in and have the thread forgoten about or something, so here it is. here's a start that i brought up earlier...

--------------

Now here's a brilliant idea. Both Daryl Gardener and Ted Washington are UFA this year. Both of which are proven veterans. Gardener has 8 seasons and Washington has 13. And it would be almost impossible for anyone to run up the middle on us. Given their age, i would expect them to be overly expensive either.

Anyone who saw the super bowl could vouch for Ted Washington being an absolute monster in the middle. Everytime CAR ran up the middle Ted was there to either slow it down or shut it down all by himself. The fact is, even at 13 years pro he's a monster. Even if he doesn't start, he would definetly be somone i'd want on my team, say maybe for sure running plays or goal line stances. Just nothing gets through him. He 365 lbs for cryin out loud!!!:thud: Grag Blache also was the D cordinator in Chicago when Ted was there and they went to the playoffs. I'm not exactly sure of this but i belive Greg Williams coached Ted for a year when he was in Buffalo as well

As for Gardener, ya he had a bad year at Denver. But when he was here last year, he was voted team mvp. And for good reason. He was just huge, almost always took on a double team and was just as much of a force in the middle as washington. I remember one game i was sitting down with my dad and he was totally shocked when he took on a double team and with one hand grabbed a running back who hand the ball. I can't remember if he took him down or not, but just the sight of him doin that just made my jaw drop. Remember, team mvp.

So if we're goin to work on the d-line and we want to make it dominant, i believe that we should start with signing these to guys.

-----------------------------

there's numero uno point right thur. I'm not done yet tho:D

As for our running back situation, i beleive that we have to get Corry Dillion. c'mon, before last season when he started sharing time with the emerged Rudi Johnson, Dillion put up three straight 1,300 yrd seasons. Before last year, he only missed one game, and had 1,100+ yrds in his first 3 seasons. He, until last year, held the season game rushing record as well.

Can Duce say that? Charlie Garner? Believe it or not Bettis didn't do that either? Do any of us really believe some rookie could possible match that? Didn't think so.

Also, Sean Taylor. Let me put this in simple terms. PLAYMAKER!!!! He has been scouted by the best and is constantly be praised as the best player in the draft. He is even be said to be even more talented then Roy "Biscut" Williams and even Ed Reed. He's highly agressive, has highly regarded Coverage and Tackling skills, speed, and actually good hands. In statictical language that can be translated into 6'2, 200 lb headhunter with 73 tackels and 9 ints. oh, and he had a sack, jus wanted to throw that in.

Our safeties suck people, iffy only got ints cuz they knocked up in the air. Shoot, i could catch a ball like that. And the hardest hit Bowen laid on anyone was in mini-camp.:laugh: We have the #5 overall pick in the draft, and with a pick that high, u don't go after need. U go after the best avaliabe player. Drafting like a desperate lunatic usually if not always leds to drafting busts. We shouldn't we go after d-line in the first round. That's one reason, Gardener and Washington plus FA are another. Why else shouldn't we trade down?

BECAUSE U DON'T DRAFT FOR DEPTH!!!! Let me explain. It's set in stone that Kearse is coming here. He'd be expensive, yes i know, but if u can get half of the freak that he was in his rookie year out of him, he would be his money's worth. He's fallin of do to injuries, that can't be changed, but he only missed 2 games last season. Besides the year before where he missed 14 he played all 16 regular season games in each of the previous seasons.

Its not injury that's bothering him, its consistency. Not only do we have the perfect cure, we have 3. One, Joe Gibbs, who if anyone could get the best of any player ever. Greg Williams was Kearse's D-cord when he was a rookie and recorded 14.5 sacks. And Greg Blache who coachs the d-line, but was a d cordinator. Remember the year the bears last went to the playoffs and Urlacher was murderous and became famous? He was the d-cord. Nuf said.

And on the other end would have to be Darren Howard. He had 11 sacks in his rookie season, 8 sacks in 2002, and 27.5 tackles, 5 sacks and 4 passes defensed in 8 games! Before this season Howard had played all 16 regular season games in his previous 3 seasons. That's right people, he's only in his 4th. This is his 5th coming up, its prime time baby!

If we had Gardener, Washington in the middle, and The Freak and Howard on the Ends, not only would we have our on rendishine of the powerder-blue recking crew, but a d-line that can smash the run, has names, gets at the QB on every play, and each player on the line would require a double team. As we saw with Carolina, u just can't double team them all! Add that with Lavar and the bunch, Champ and smoot on the corners, and Taylor knocking the heads off anyone brave enough to come over the middle, this d would not only be great or dominaint, but just down right scary!

As for the QB thing, whoever the best QB is will win the job. Ramsey has earned our respect, now he has to prove that he is RIGHT NOW the outright starter of this team. No doubt about it, Ramsey's the future of this team, but not the present. He's only played a total of 16 games, compared to brunell goin to the AFC champ game twice. I'm all for winning a super bowl, and Ramsey will eventually win us one. But i want a super bowl NOW!!! That's what Gibbs and Snyder are doing, doing everything possible to make us a playoff and championship team right now, not in 2 or 3 years. I'm not impatient, i'm a skins fan!

CAN I GET AN AMEN!

:dallasuck :evil:

------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

We could NOT afford to get BOTH Kearse AND Howard along with those DT's. Besides, the Saints are expected to franchise Howard if they can't sign him to a new deal. And just how do we stay UNDER the cap (not even mentioning Corey Dillon)?

If this were 1992 and there were NO salary cap I could give you an AMEN but it's just not realistic in this day and age.

We're expected to have $14 mill in cap space this offseason. I don't know if that's counting the 7-8 mill increase the salary cap the leauge announced a little while ago, but its not counting whether or not we restucture Samuels $6.8 million contract. Ted Washington is only making $1.75 in New England, and i don't see Gardener asking for more then twice that. That's pretty cheap considering how much of an impact they would have on this team. Howard isn't Kearse and isn't going to demand Kearse money, and where did you hear the saint's planned to franchise him. Dillion would make, what, $3 million next year, TOPS! We'd be cutting it close, but we wouldn't run out of room doin all this. Its the best way i see going.

-----------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

What??? We have good safetys is what you dont relise because of the sucky pass rush you cant tell how good any S or CB was but the year before they all played well and it seems Iffy is about to form into an excellent S he gets better every year.

close but that is not the cap friendly version....we could never afford it.....

THE BETTER VERSION, ALL THE STUFF YOU SAID PLUS:

~trade champ for a 1&3

~ sign winfield ...maybe vincent

~draft taylor & best DE aval.

~ r.smith is our new man at DT...washington and gardener could be here too.

~ brunell...ehh...if he comes cheaper than reported sure...ramsey still is learning......

~RESIGN all fa's BUT barker....

"Flawless victory."

:hammer:

Archived