Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comic Relief

bayougator

I am getting a headache reading all the posts lately. I guess I am laughing out of disbelief of SOME of the posts.

For so long all I was reading is how we think Pat is the second coming, and I couldn't wait to relay to Pat what was being said. I logged on the other day and was astonished to see SOME of the posts. I guess I have finally had my eyes opened to the reality of the whole thing.

Pat and I talked about this last week. He's all for Mark being a Redskin. Is he scared? HELL NO! "I can learn alot from him." If he was upset or scared everytime there was a player that wanted his job he would have quit along time ago.

Answer this question. Who dosen't want his job?

He has to compete everyday for his job. Every player that is not starting and some that are would love to be in his situation. Playing for this franchise, coach, with these players.

You've got to understand that we are dealing with a different animal here. These players thrive on this. You hear about how competitive these guys are. THEY HAVE TO BE!! When we go home and complain to our wives and husbands about how some kiss ass is trying to get that permotion you earned.(Sound familiar) They take it into their hands to not let them have it.

I have said before that if he can't beat him out then he doesn't deserve to be announced on Sunday. My only request is that he gets the chance to do that. He has put in to much blood and sweat not to.

DOn't get me wrong. My feelings are not hurt, I am not saying that you can't have your own opinions on Pat, or what should happen. I have heard all this before. It just took me a little by suprise. I just ask that you take all the facts in consideration when making a judgement.

In my opinion, Pat was pretty mobile, even with the broken foot, early in the season.

Bayougator

Good to hear from you Bayou! Ramsey definately has the skill to beat out Brunell and I pray to God management doesn't field offers for him if they aquire Brunell. Since his game against the Titans I have believed Ramsey would be the next great QB for the Skins and continue to think that way. Ramsey is the man!

Originally posted by bayougator

Well, That's his coach. I guess he would have to go with it. Then prove a Hall of Famer wrong.

BG by the way how is Pat doing anyway, his foot and everything. At first when I heard the rumor I was thinking mabye it is because of his foot is not healing as fast.

Take care and thanks for the info. Tell Pat we all do still love him and hope in some way or form he is a Redskin for life :cheers:

I support Pat Ramsey 100% and if it happens Brunell comes here then i will be hopeing he wins the competion at training camp.Dont get to upset bayogator people overreact and try to predict what is going to happen with the skins everytime some big news comes out about them.

How is Pats foot coming along?? I havent seen him in awhile so i was wondering.

I remember something Gibbs said (I think) about having to have 2 quality QBs to succeed nowdays. So many starters get injuried and miss several games that teams with a solid backup have a leg up on having a winning season.

Starter A

Starter B

kind of makes sense to trade a 2nd round pick for Brunell to be the backup

bayou

As you know, we love Patrick, there's no doubt about that.

What has surprised me(and I assume you) is how people, without KNOWING A THING, already constructed elaborate justifications for TRADING Pat.

Why? Same reason so many people were saying Spurrier should come back for another year. Some people are just so needful of hope that they will rationalize ANYTHING the team does rather than say "what a damn dumb move!"

It's almost like stabbing Patrick in the back or talking out of both sides of their mouths. If you think Patrick is a great or potentially great QB, stand by that. Don't get all soft because Gibbs is making the move(and he's NOT.)

Patrick WAS mobile, it was obvious. And Jaworski and others pointed out his pocket presence quite a few times. Look at the Atlanta game--why did he do so well in the second half? Because he suddenly felt the rush better or read the D better?

NO! It's because the offensive line stopped playing like crap and they made a few adjustments.

These people who are doubting even their OWN beliefs about Ramsey just a few days ago are going to feel stupid when Gibbs says "we never planned on trading Patrick, are you guys insane!??!"

Pat can only benefit from Brunell...

But Brunell is talking some garbage about being gauranteed the starting slot...and that will not happen in WASH.

I like your bro a lot, Bayou; just like Bugel said, he's cold-blooded.

But...Brunell as a #2? That's a beautiful situation; and that's what will happen, IMHO.

Glad you could make it Bayou. Hopefully all the rumors are false about the front office thinking about a possible trade for Pat. As you can see it has made alot of fans a little distraught, myself included. Our prayers are with Pat, and hopefully all this will pass. I'm all for acquiring Brunell, but not for the cost of losing Pat.

Bayou as someone who has watched redskins qb's for decades believe me that Patrick is in the top 4. He'd be higher IMO but he needs more time to demonstrate is unique abilities. I firmly believe that Patrick will be on the Skins roster for a long, long time.

Thanks for the post, bayou. Makes perfect sense to me.

Think about it, if anyone could get a guy like Brunell to come here as a back-up, when other teams would make him the starter, it's Snyder and Gibbs. They can be a bit persuasive, you know?

Gibbs will get his QB situation to his liking, you can count on that.

It must make him lay awake at night thinking about Hasselbeck as his back-up QB. I mean, the guy can't even throw.

BG, the problem with some folks here is that the month of Feb. exists:D March can't come soon enough and Rumor Control and the Speculation Dept run wild.:)

I take wait until it happens approach;)

I for one have no doubt that your brother will welcome any competition he faces and win.:cheers:

BG, another thing:

Most of us could care less about bringing in Mark Brunell--it's not a bad idea but our anger or hysteria comes from:

1) Giving up a second rounder for him, when this is a deep draft and we have other needs--needs that play every down

2) This stupid dumb rumor that we're entertaining offers for Ramsey.

Ramsey is the man, and Brunell will be an excellent back up. If Brunell somehow beats out Pat for the starting spot(doubtful IMO), Pat will only be a better QB for it in the long run. Thanks BG for adding some clout to what many of us have been saying for the last 2 days.:notworthy

Guest Xtrmskn04

Thanks Buyou.

I think if Mark comes, it will only benefit Pat. So far he has learned the NFL from guys couldn't start anywhere else. I think ultimately Gibbs wants a verteran QB to not only provide protection against injury but to mentor and teach PR. I can not believe that anyone would even suggest trading Pat. If the franchise allows Pat to leave, i will seriously question the thinking. I mean to they not want a franchise QB? If you ask any team what they want most it would be a franchise QB. We have one in the making in Pat. It just would make no sense. Wasn't Favre traded before he became great. Do we want to be the falcons?

LOL...

Hope he's doing well. And that he understands some of the scares that it put a lot of us through when Chris Mortonsen says things like fielding offers for him. I guess some of the reason for they hysteria is not only due to Snyder's impatience, but also knowing Brunell would want to be the starter straight out. Although having Brunell on the team would not be a bad thing, I think he might want to go to a team with a guranteed starting job. If that's the case, hope it's not here.

Archived