Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

now that the draft eligibility is scrwed, which sophs/frosh will prob enter draft?

method man

Suprisingly I haven't heard many underclassmen trying to announce. You would think there would be a few more that have expressed interest. There was a like of hype that WR Mike Williams out of USC might come out, he would be a top-10 this year, but yesterday he denounced those rumors.

This is a list that I posted in another thread, these are the ONLY guys who could feasably make the jump and have a shot at getting drafted (besides Clarett and Fitz):

TA McClendon (RB, NC State), Mike Williams (WR, USC), Heath Miller (TE, UVA), Winston Justice (T, USC), Ritchie Incognito (T/G, Nebraska), Eric Henderson (DE, GT), Haloti Ngata (DT, Oregon), Rodrique Wright (DT, Texas), Darryl Blackstock (OLB, UVA), Justin Miller (CB, Clemson), Eric Bassey (S, OU), Darnell Bing (S, USC), Justin Blalock (G, Texas), Mario Williams (DE, NC State), Ahmad Brooks (MLB, UVA), Channing Crowder (OLB, Florida), LaMar Woodley (MLB/DE, Michigan), maybe Rhett Bomar (Oklahoma-signee)

these agents are like those from the matrix. brainwashing kids wit bright futures with a couple more years of college to enter the draft and them eventually ending up in a developmental league or something. see omar cook on the pacers. nba has nothign do with football. but this guy is a street legend in NY and left for draft in frosh year at st johns. he ended up going second round and eventually ending up in developmental league before making the pacers roster this summer.

Originally posted by method man

if TA Mclendon of NC State chooses to come out early, I would take a look at him. Not really a fan of college football but I saw him in the Ohio State game and although he was hurt he showed a big heart by playing despite his injury and he played effectively.

Interesting, under-aged, under-sized, injury-prone running back.

Sounds alot like what all the critics say about Clarett...

I smell something....

smells like we have a hypocrite amongst us....

It's okay, Method, I don't mind you proving my points for me... I makes the argument very easy.

Howere I do have a rule against having a battle of wits against an unaremed man, but for you I'l make an exception

It doesn't matter. No one else can declare for the draft. It is after the deadling for filing the proper paperwork. Clarett and Fitzgerald are the last two players to get in.

Unless another underclassmen filed the paperwork and no one reported it, which I highly doubt.

The 3-year rule was just and right. If the ruling doesn't get overturned, the later rounds in the draft get a whole lot more meaningful.

Imagine picking up a 18-19-20 year-old project in the 5th-6th-7th round, then let him simmer for a couple of years, and then have him play.

Oh, wait, instead of riding the bench waiting for him to develop, why not go to college, get an education (its free for those athletes anyway), get the training and development from a college program, and get a bigger payday by your junior year?

Some of these kids are not ready for the NFL until they are seniors, let alone freshmen. Why would a freshman-sophomore come out when they can get millions more as a junior-senior?

Hogwash,

Hypocrite???? the title of the thread is "now that the draft eligibility is scrwed, which sophs/frosh will prob enter draft?" yes i am against sophs and frosh enetering draft, but i have learned to deal with it and i am asking who may become eligible. sorry, pointed out in my post i did not know much about college football. i just saw mclendon in the ohio state game and during the clarett sontroversy it wuz said that mclendon was better than clarett as a frosh.

Yeah it is a shame that sophmore can make their own money as a pro and not be ineligible because a friend or coach gave them money for a plane ticket real food or some othe lame NCAA ruling like no profits off the jerseys with your name on them.

This sanctity Bull Sh*t ended with the Corporate takeover of the Big East by the ACC

And I'm happy to see it.

How many draft picks do we have left if we actually give up a 2nd rounder for Brunell?

Even so, Dave, I see this casuing some problems in the long run. The talent pool in the NBA is tainted becasue of the young players going pro before they can refine their game. College Football is a huge leap over High School, and the NFL is an gigantic leap over college. I Just don;t think that High school players are ready to play with the big guys.

I'm glad to see something bad happening to the NCAA. They don't care about the kids playing in college football, all they care about it the dollar signs. They proved that to me when the BCS was first formulated. The idea of 50 Bowl Games that each have multi-million dollar sponsorships to decide a national champion. They said it was to decide an un-disputed champion, that only works if the 2 teams involved are undefeated.

Archived