Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What a trade with NE could really mean!

Lavarleap56

That we are trying to position ourselves to make a run at a Franchise player and we will need the extra picks. Posssible targets could include Julian Peterson , Jevon Kearse,John Abraham and cant think of anymore right now. Also the possible trade could give us more picks to go after Corey Dillon??:2cents:

i think the rumor means 2 things.

1. the skins want to trade down. obviously for what ever reason whether it be money, depth, or targeting UFA's the skins want out. i think the top 5 players on everybody's board isn't really a need for this team, dline is.

2. NE wants winslow. What player could they be targeting, that is sure to be there @5? but what player is not likely to be there after 5? they could always trade for someone else in the top 10 right? not if everyone has us picking winslow. Winslow is sure to be there at 5 and the pats are only offering us the trade cuz they know we want him. they can't offer the same for the 6th or 7th pick cuz with us still on board winslow is no longer a guarantee. they run two 2 tight end sets, and i think thier offense would cream over a guy like winslow.

I say no to Peterson because he will demand premier LB money equivilant to R.Lewis, Urlacher and Lavar. The Skins already have to sign one franchise player in Bailey.

Plus, we already signed a Pro Bowl LB (Trotter) and looked how depressing he has turned out. I think that under the right consistent system, the present group of LBs can be the best in the league.

Originally posted by lavarleap56

That we are trying to position ourselves to make a run at a Franchise player and we will need the extra picks. Posssible targets could include Julian Peterson , Jevon Kearse,John Abraham and cant think of anymore right now. Also the possible trade could give us more picks to go after Corey Dillon??:2cents:

First of all I dont put much credence in this so-called "rumor" so far, because of its unreliable source. Until I read something in the WP about it or maybe Chris Mortensen or John Clayton writes it, I won't start believing it.

But even so, Julian Peterson will be impossible to sign, because the 49ers have said they will not let him get away. The Jets FO hates us, so they sure as hell aren't going to trade us John Abraham, who they are planning on moving to LB. As for Kearse --assuming he is available -- we dont need draft picks to sign him. And as for Dillon, if we have to give up more than a 3rd round pick -- which we already have -- I would say that deal is kaput too.

I agree that Taylor might be Belichick's target. Wilson is playing out of position at safety, and adding Taylor completes that secondary. Wilson then moves back to corner where they've already got Law, Poole and Samuel, perhaps making this the best secondary in the league.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

NE can probably get a very good RB with their 21st pick in the 1st round. :)

I agree but I don't think they have been happy with past 'good' backs that haven't turned into much of anything. Being that they want to get rid of Smith tells me that they are looking to upgrade the running back spot. Their passing game is already great and their defense was the best in the NFL, I can't see them wanting rookies there. I know many here are high on Tight Ends but I still don't think tight ends are worth top tens, and certainly are no where near as important as Running Backs who carry a much heavier load.

In the Super bowl NE couldn't ice the game or eat the clock because their running game was crap. It became a shoot out because there was no other option for moving the ball. In fact NE had to do through out the playoffs.

Teams will study the NE pass attack in the off season and unless they have something more to offer they won't be going on any 15 game winning streeks next year.

well even though we might be losing in "value" with the trade as someone pointed out in the other thread... but i think we can fill lot more holes with 4 pick then with 2... and even though Beathard (sp?) was making the picks, gibbs is comfy with taking players in the lower parts of 1st and 2nd round...

with these picks it wouldnt be out of question for us to get Greg Jones and then 2 best DL on board, and best S on board in the first two rounds which seems like a good deal to me...

Originally posted by earl

i think the rumor means 2 things.

2. NE wants winslow. What player could they be targeting, that is sure to be there @5? but what player is not likely to be there after 5? they could always trade for someone else in the top 10 right? not if everyone has us picking winslow. Winslow is sure to be there at 5 and the pats are only offering us the trade cuz they know we want him. they can't offer the same for the 6th or 7th pick cuz with us still on board winslow is no longer a guarantee. they run two 2 tight end sets, and i think thier offense would cream over a guy like winslow.

Although anything is possible, I find this highly unlikely. They have two good tight ends now in Graham and Fauria. They took Graham in the first round 2 years ago, after he won the Mackey award. I find it difficult to believe they'd draft 2 tight ends in the first round in a 3 year span, especially when they're real high on Graham.

Originally posted by rellim

We'll they've won 2 Superbowls with those guys in the backfield, and they've both performed honorably when called upon.

I agree but the Patriots have two units that could stand improving. Most glaring is punting, but you aren't going to draft a punter at #5. The second is their running game which while they have done well in the past aren't at the level that the rest of the team is.

Archived