Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick in the Final (MERGED)

StevieInferior

Okay, I have a couple thoughts/questions. I turned off cookies and set up 6 "vote" windows which I voted, refreshed, voted again, etc. Great for casting lots of votes (as Dave says, "chicago style"). The strange thing is that last night we could move the percentages with some strong voting (maybe it was the night before last). In this case after going strong for 30 minutes I never saw the percentage move either way (maybe there are a lot of votes cast already making it hard to move the percentages, I would love to see an online vote counter but obviously that does not exist). So does anyone really know (or at least strongly suspect) if multiple votes without cookies even count??? I was thinking that the cookie thing is just a convenience for the user and the back server has also been improved to not accept multiple votes (with or without cookies). Any thoughts?

Just would not like to have a bunch of folks blazing away to help Pat out and really end up doing nothing at all.

In any case I also voted on every machine in my office and will still vote a bunch more.

Good luck to Pat, you are the ultimate tough guy...

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Hey GStahl. Thanks for thinking of that. I am just encouraged cuz I did see Pat move up 1 percent. Also being my last semester of college with 12 easy credits and no Friday classes I got nothing better to do but workout. So tommorow its vote, lift, and run, then vote vote vote

Originally posted by SkinsHokie Fan

Hey GStahl. Thanks for thinking of that. I am just encouraged cuz I did see Pat move up 1 percent. Also being my last semester of college with 12 easy credits and no Friday classes I got nothing better to do but workout. So tommorow its vote, lift, and run, then vote vote vote

I will too, between work, but it would be nice if we can figure out if multiple votes are counting when cookies are disabled.

Geoff

Unless they periodically are subtracting votes from the same IP/user. They could just accept all the votes then run a program to cull the duplicates (no idea if they do). Does seem freaky that it does not change for 45 minutes then suddenly there is a 14 point change.

Archived