Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzzards are expected to sign WR Darrell Jackson, not Terrell Owens

Originally posted by The Dark Horse

Jackson is a true #1? Yeahhhhhh.......

Eric Moulds was to Peerless Price what Koren Robinson is to Darrell Jackson. Any Seahawk fan will tell you, too.

Anyone who compares Moulds to Koren Robinson is out of their mind. Moulds IS a #1. Robinson is NOT. Robinson had 900 yards last year. Jackson had 1150. While it can be debated whether or not Robinson is the #1 on the team, or Jackson is, no one ever debated that Price was the backup to Moulds and largely benefited because defenses were double covering Moulds. Defenses are not going to double cover Robinson in an attempt to slow him and leave Jackson manned-up.

I see a lot of TO out here. He drops a LOT of passes. Kinda reminds me of Gardener. If Gardener had a QB to lead him properly like TO has had, Gardener would likely be a top 10-15 WR.

TO is going to be a headache and major SALCAP problem for any team that signs him. Only exception being the Eagles.

They have the cap room and the need. He will make McNabb a HOFer in five short years. About the life expectancy of TOs career.

It would be a major mistake for the Eagles NOT to persue TO,

IMHO.

Eagles_Legend i think people are just hard on Jackson cause most people thinks Eagles' window is closing soon and why try to invest for the future when you can try to hit a homerun by signing TO. But i do think jackson is an excellent WR and dont deserve any critism that some people are giving him... i mean after taking that devastiating (omg did i mention i suck at spelling) few years back and coming back to as well as he did this year shows that the dude has some heart and love for football...

and to the person that says that Eagles need to play almost perfect football to come out of NFC East next year... i think we can say that for every team in the NFC East for next year...

Originally posted by sjinhan

Eagles_Legend i think people are just hard on Jackson cause most people thinks Eagles' window is closing soon and why try to invest for the future when you can try to hit a homerun by signing TO. But i do think jackson is an excellent WR and dont deserve any critism that some people are giving him... i mean after taking that devastiating (omg did i mention i suck at spelling) few years back and coming back to as well as he did this year shows that the dude has some heart and love for football...

and to the person that says that Eagles need to play almost perfect football to come out of NFC East next year... i think we can say that for every team in the NFC East for next year...

:cheers: Good post. I've been on record here multiple times saying I hope the Eagles go after TO, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they signed Jackson instead, saved the extra $$ they would have spent on TO, and signed a CB with that $$. Jackson isn't as good as TO, but he isn't getting enough credit here I think. JMHO.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

:cheers: Good post. I've been on record here multiple times saying I hope the Eagles go after TO, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they signed Jackson instead, saved the extra $$ they would have spent on TO, and signed a CB with that $$. Jackson isn't as good as TO, but he isn't getting enough credit here I think. JMHO.

lol ok if that REALLY happened i am sure no one will complain but really do you think Eagles will put up more money on other FA? i mean this FA WR signing is gonna happen cause practically the entire city of philly is pointed gun to their heads...

:eaglesuck

If the Eagles get Robinson, that just makes quanity 4 number 2 receivers on a team that wants to throw dunky passes, beat people up with a very effective running game and a scrambling QB that cant throw a consistant deep ball.

I hope that you dont get T.O. He'd be a nightmare. Robinson would be some nightime gas.

Originally posted by The Dark Horse

Jackson is a true #1? Yeahhhhhh.......

Eric Moulds was to Peerless Price what Koren Robinson is to Darrell Jackson. Any Seahawk fan will tell you, too.

I believe Darrell Jackson had a 1,000 yard season when either Koren was either a strugging rookie or still in college, and had the best rookie season of his class, the season when he had a seizure he developed some fear of goin over the middle but started to get over that this year, and was a great deep threat for a guy without topflight speed.

He is a far more polished and consistant reciever than Robinson, he may not have the speed, but he is the Seahawks #1, not Robinson.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyBoy

I believe Darrell Jackson had a 1,000 yard season when either Koren was either a strugging rookie or still in college, and had the best rookie season of his class, the season when he had a seizure he developed some fear of goin over the middle but started to get over that this year, and was a great deep threat for a guy without topflight speed.

He is a far more polished and consistant reciever than Robinson, he may not have the speed, but he is the Seahawks #1, not Robinson.

You're correct. Robinson's rookie year he had less than 40 catches. That season, here was Jackson's stat line.

Rec Yrds Ypc TD

70 1081 15.4 8

Jackson can do it without Robinson. Price never did without Moulds. That is why I think the comparisons aren't valid.

Originally posted by johnyquest

Is Seattle going to try to resign Jackson? I really do not understand why they would let him go. He's young, talented and they have the money.

They had issues last year with his contract before he agreed to stay for another year. While it is still possible I suppose that he stays, all signs currently point to him leaving.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

They had issues last year with his contract before he agreed to stay for another year. While it is still possible I suppose that he stays, all signs currently point to him leaving.

Yeah just read that he wants #1 receiver money and Holgrem doesn't think he is a #1 and will not pay him #1 money. He's gonna test the free agent market but they've been in 'negotians' with him all year.

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

I don't understand something. I've read a lot of posts about Darrell Jackson being great. He is not a great receiver. I admit he's a good receiver, but let's not go overboard. Great receivers are Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, etc. Jackson is nowhere near their league.

I don't think many people here have said he is a great receiver. In fact, most think quite the opposite. I simply note his 2 1000+ yard seasons, and the fact that he's 25, and has experience in a WCO offense similar to Reid's as reasoning enough to make a run for him (if they decide not to go after TO). Currently I would label him a good receiver with potential to improve.

Sorry about that EL. Now that I looked back at all the posts I did exaggerate. Only one said he was great. I would have to agree with one thing, D. Jackson would be an upgrade. But the Eagles can do better.

By the way for the McNabb haters. You talk about how he threw passes in the dirt. It's funny how not many mention all his rushing yards because the recievers can't get open. If I'm not mistaken, most of the times we lost to the Eagles it was because of McNabb's legs not his arm. That's what makes him dangerous.

Any comparison between Coles and Jackson out of the context of their teams' seasons would be faulty. Hasselback had a great year for seattle. The wheels went off the Skins offense at about game 8. Coles had a broken foot for a large part of the season, couldn't practice all week and still showed up for every game. I think you'd have significantly better statistics catching the ball from their Hasselback than the Skin's Hasselback. Even still, Coles was invited to the probowl. Can you imagine how he'd do with a "pro style" offense and not injured?

Archived