Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All NFC East Team

Chrisbob74

Ok, attempting to be unbiased here I've selected an "All-Pro" team for the division.

See what you think, I'll try and justify the selections as I go:

QB, Donavan McNabb, by default really . He had a bit of a slow start as did the Eagles in general but he played real well down the stretch until the Championship game. This guy needs some real WR's!!

RB, Tiki Barber, 1,200+ yards and 70 catches make Barber the pick here. Hambrick was next in yards gained but his average was only 3.5 a carry. The Eagles had a better running game but the fact they rotate backs hurts each ones indiviual claims. Brain Westbrooks stats are very impressive though, including 5.2 per carry. Redskins backs didn't get used, plus, Trung is **** anyway.

FB, Richie Anderson, 69 catches and 300 yards rushing at a nice 4.4 average make this guy the pick. I know some Dallas fans felt he hurt the running game in that he is not a great lead blocker and some people wanted Jamir Martin in to lead Hambrick. I feel Anderson helped QC a lot by giving him a reliable short range dump off target and that helped the 'Boys a lot. Jon Ritchie ran him nearest.

WR's, Laveranues Coles, Amani Toomer.

Coles was a real plus for the 'Skins, the best skill position player for us all year. Toomer still made his presence felt even as the Giants disappeared without a trace in the second half of the season. Eagles receiver...LOL, what receivers. Dallas receivers seemed to have hot streaks then disappear. Bryant didn't build on an excellent rookie season, Galloway started well then faded and Glenn had a hot streak in mid season but went quiet at seasons end. Some of that may have been on QC though.

TE, Jeremy Shockey, 48 catches in just over half a season and the fact the Giants bad run coincided with his injury makes him the choice here. The Redskins didn't use TE's last year, the Eagles again, like RB, rotate and make use of two players here (LJ Smith and Chad Lewis). Dallas have young Jason Witten who could develop into a good player.

LT, Tra Thomas, protected McNabb reasonably well and the Eagles line is underated when it comes to run blocking.

LG, Larry Allen, the weakest spot so far, Allen is still better than most guards in the league but he is not the player he once once. The Redskins had Flore here but he went out injured and rookie Derrick Dockery came in and struggled badly at first but by seasons end had shown enough to believe he can be a starter next year.

The Eagles mised Mayberry though injury and the Giants line is the weakest spot on their O.

C, Hank Fraley, another underated player on a solid Eagles line.

RG, Randy Thomas, was made the highest paid guard in the league and played like it, with all the struggles at the start of the season (false starts, allowing sacks etc), Thomas was the one guard who you never heard mentioned. A great run blocker and has a great partnership with Jansen on the right side of the line.

RT, Jon Runyan, Jansen struggled early on and Ryan Young is solid if not great, Runyan may be the best player on a solid Eagles line.

K, John Hall, after all the trouble the 'Skins have had with kickers in the past Hall was a welcome improvement, he made some great kicks and has one of the strongest legs in the league. The Giants had to chop and change due to injuries but Matt Bryant won no fans (well, no Giant fans ) with the kick-off in week 2! David Akers is a great kicker too, he was just as diserving and Cuncliff was not the most popular kicker ever at the start of the season but that 57 yarder vs Giants found him a new lease of life.

LDE, Micheal Strahan, not much competition here, maybe Brandon Whitting of the Eagles, Strahan is a great player though.

LDT, Corey Simon, worn down a bit due to lack of depth being robbed from the Eagles by injuries but a real solid player.

RDT, La'Rai Glover, Dallas' best D lineman and without him their line is nearly as bad as the 'Skins

RDE, ND Kalu, great pas rusher, defensive line as a general is a weakness in most of the division (except Philly), the Giants and Dallas have one stud and the the 'Skins don't even have one!

SLB, Carlos Emmons, Eagles Defensive MVP, they missed him in the play-offs.

MLB, Dat Nguyen, Parcells traditionally likes big LB's and whilst Coakley may not have won him over this guy did. Had a great season.

OLB, Jessie Armstead, the old vet was the Skins best player in the front seven and had a solid season, still has gas left in the tank.

CB, Terrance Newman, great rookie season and Tim Hasslebecks favourite receiver. A future star...I hope Dallas trades him.lol.

CB, Fred Smoot, out played Champ IMO and had a great season, made some important ints (including a game saver vs Seattle) and played tough all year with a rib injury.

The Eagles corners are superb but missed time with injury, the Giants corners struggled at times, as did the whole D!

FS, Brain Dawkins, a real battle here between the two best in the NFC (Roy Williams being the other) but I feel Williams can be exposed in coverage at times even though he hits like a truck, with Philly's blitzing style, the corners and safeties can be exposed a lot, Dawkins doesn't get beat much!

SS, Darren Woodson, the veteran leader of a young D.

P, Jeff Feagles, he got lots of practice, as did Barker but Barker may be one of the most hated Redskins by his own fans!! Gowin is not loved by Poke fans either, Johnson of the Eagles was the main competition.

KR, Brain Westbrook, returned 2 punts for TD's, I wonder if he'll continue too do returns if he is more featured on offense next year.

Ok, over to you guys, what do you all think?

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

LT, Tra Thomas, protected McNabb reasonably well and the Eagles line is underated when it comes to run blocking.

Ok, over to you guys, what do you all think?

I think Tra Thomas is still a flaming poopstick for spearing Arrington in the back after the play 3 years ago. And Arrington got the penatly for retaliation...

Oh, you meant about the "team". Um, looks good...

Jer

Hey? Where is your Strong Safety? And Akers is the man when it comes to kicking I would give you that Hall is second. Also the corners in Philly, even with injuries looked better than Newman this year. The kid is going to be a stud with expereince. I might have put Smoot and Bailey on the team. Smoot played better but Bailey played with injuries the entire year.

Flozell Adams should be the LT, he played just as well as Pace or Ogden this season, and better than anyone minus these 2. And Roy Williams played in all 16 games (and actually got 2 votes for DPOY, still like 30 behind Ray Lewis) compared to Dawkins playing in only 7 games.

QB - Rod Gardner. almost a perfect season.

RB - Brian Westbrook

FB - Richie Anderson

WR - Coles, Toomer (off years for both)

TE - Chad Lewis

OL - Cowboys and Eagles

DL - Strahan, Glover plus Eagles

LB - Arrington, Barrow, Armstead

S - Williams. by himself.

CB - Smoot (played with a broken sternum, folks) and Vincent

K - Akers

Some of these replies come across as people thinking I'm a Pokes fan....I'M NOT....'SKINS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

Or maybe I'm just mis reading things, anyway, I tried to pick a team fairly based on hat they did last season, I hope if I do a team next year it's full of Redskins!!

Archived