Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

? about Mcfarlane figures

KingGibbs

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by gridironmike

The detail is much better than the Danbury figures, but appreciate each for what it is. Only one Redskin in the McFarlanes, and hes not even with us any longer.

Yup, SD was the only skin. I have it, and the detail is pretty good. Still sealed in the plastic package.

Damn, according to the site, there are no plans for any Redskins players this year. Here's the list of players that are going to be released this year:

Series 8 (July 04)

Ahman Green

Jamal Lewis

Peyton Manning

Steve McNair

Tim Brown

Torry Holt

Series 9 (August 04)

Brian Urlacher

Chad Johnson

Daunte Culpepper

Jonathan Ogden

Jake Plummer

Kendrell Bell

Priest Holmes

Series 10 (October 04)

Adam Vinatieri

Jake Delhomme

Randy Moss

Roy Williams

Ricky Williams

Trent Green

Ty Law

Terrell Owens

No love for the Skins.

:(

What sucks about those upcoming figures is 6 of them are repeats.

Peyton Manning

Brian Urlacher

Daunte Culpepper

Priest Holmes

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

I have the email addy of a 15 yr old kid that makes fantastic customs. He made Lavar (70th ann. uniform) & Sonny customs for me and looked like they came from the factory. He charges $60, but to me it's woth it for figs that you'll never see. Granted we'll probably see a Lavar someday, but possibly not in his 70th uniform

I started collecting these a little while ago. I have the one Skins Stephen Davis one and a really nice Art Monk custom. I plan to get customs of a bunch of Skins players in the future and even saw a site once that had all of the great Skins QBs from past to present.

:dallasuck

I have both the danbury mint collectables, and the Macfarlane

collectables both are nice but I think the Danbury mint diecast redskins vehicles, and figurines are of better quality. YOU WILL PAY MORE, but you are paying for the quality of the collectables.

Originally posted by gridironmike

Lavar's signing probably came too late for something like these. I can't believe there doing six repeats though. UGH! Vintage players or a HOF series would've been better than that.

I agree. I'd like to see McFarlane make a legends series from the early years. Ernie Nevers, Bronko Nagurski, Sammy, Jim Thorpe, Red Grange & Sid Luckman would make a great series. I'd like to see these figs in leather helmets. I made a Baugh and even created a leather helmet. The helmet is too big though. I molded it on top of the regular helmet which was a mistake. One of these days I'm going to take that helmet off and redo it. The problem is it took around 2-3 hours to create the helmet using clay, plastic strips and superglue.

I like the Danbury Mint items alot better than the Mcfarlane toys. I think the figures and vehicles are two times better. I just got the Redskins Express about 2 months ago and It actually lights up and works. I think they must have sold out of them cause I went to buy another one and It was not listed on the their website.

Archived