Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort: Gibbs Making Mistakes

GatorEye

Sorry if this was posted, but I didn't see it:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4583

Glenn (Washington, DC): Well, we got Gibbs back. But I am a little concerned about bringing in all the old faces. Namely, Bugel. Do you think he is taking the right approach by bringing in all the old names, and not looking for new?

Chris Mortensen: I see nothing wrong with Bugel's hire. Nothing at all. I do believe Joe Gibbs is making some mistakes in assembling his staff, but the hiring of Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator was a very good one.

He doesn't have that many "official" hires. I wonder who he is referring to.

What a chicken sh** coward. I wish these gutless oracles would openly venture into a forum like this one and attempt to defend their opinions and assertions.

As I've said before in another thread, WTF does he know about putting together a winning coaching staff? Exactly what qualifies him to make such groundless statements? Making hit and run statements like that qualifies Mort as a spineless loser.

Mort and Lenny the Hutt represent everything that is wrong with ESPN.com.

I'm thinking he's referring to the amount of time it's taking to get the staff together. I've been wondering myself if he'll have the quality he wants should he hold out for Buffalo to make up it's mind. I guess there should be quite a few good assistants out there with all the turnover, but it is becoming increasingly more interesting as to who will make up the rest of the staff.

Patience is another quality Gibbs posesses it may take him what ESPN and us think is a while to assemble his staff but, he is looking for quality people who he can trust will get the job done. We have waited 10 long years for football to come back to DC, what the hell is a few more weeks...

How many rings have Mort won??? Gibbs knows what he's doing and he always has. Why would he make one now?? Zampesee was a great hire. He is the inovator of the modern day high octane offense of the Rams, the 70's Chargers too. Zampesee is solid and when the skins are putting up 25 points a game, Mort will try and retract that he ever made that statement.

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

"I do believe Joe Gibbs is making some mistakes in assembling his staff" - MORT

Would you care to elaborate on that Mort ?

That makes a ton of sense when he agrees with the hires of Bugel and Williams...who else has Joe hired? Way to go on that one, Mort...

he might be referring to how all these is getting thrown around for his future assistants... eh i dont know... i jsut dont think everyone on the board need to jump on every critic in the media and call them Redskins hater or just start pointing out what has he won... we do love the redskins and follow closely to what they do but some of the media people do get to see the behind the scenes kind of thing... so who knows...

Mort and Lenny the Hutt represent everything that is wrong with ESPN.com.

Why are you guys slamming Mort?

He said he liked the Bugel Hiring and the hiring of Gregg Williams but he thought Gibbs was "making some mistakes" in other hirings.

Whatever it was, Mort didn't feel comfortable saying because it would have outed his source or something like that, but what did he say that was really bad?

Furthrmore, I don't know how you can't respect Mort- he seems to get some of the best insider info around and I have never noticed a serious bias with him.

Originally posted by marhobo2

I'm thinking he's referring to the amount of time it's taking to get the staff together. I've been wondering myself if he'll have the quality he wants should he hold out for Buffalo to make up it's mind.

IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO WEEKS! Do any of the new coaches this year have their whole staff assembled? Not that I'm aware of. Gibbs is making the right moves for the future of the 'Skins, let's not be impatient.

I posted somewhere else that it took Spurrier 1 and 1/2 months to get everything straight. Gibbs has been here two weeks, and he's done a fine job so far.

IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO WEEKS! Do any of the new coaches this year have their whole staff assembled? Not that I'm aware of. Gibbs is making the right moves for the future of the 'Skins, let's not be impatient.

So...now you are commenting on the speculation one of your fellow posters drawn from a message board chat with an NFL insider citing no specifics but his opinion?

Archived