Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With All Due Respect To Trung Candidate.....

The Agent

With all due respect to Trung Canidate, but isn't it time that we got a better RB? Now that we're in the post "Fun N Gun" era, and we have a solid recieving corps in Coles, Gardner, McCants and Jacobs (also a rumor that we might go after Owens, but only what I've heard from the T.V.). Isn't it about time we grabbed a back out of the draft, like Steven Jackson out of Oregon State. It occurs to me that over the past season Trung hasn't exactly been what everyone "expected," at least not what I expected. 600 yards on 142 carries isn't very good.

Just as a comparison:

Warrick Dunn - 20lbs lighter - 20 less carries and 70 more yards

Maybe you all disagree. But I think it's about time to get someone who can rush for over 1000 yards.

With all due respect to Trung Canidate, but isn't it time that we got a better RB? Now that we're in the post "Fun N Gun" era, and we have a solid recieving corps in Coles, Gardner, McCants and Jacobs (also a rumor that we might go after Owens, but only what I've heard from the T.V.). Isn't it about time we grabbed a back out of the draft, like Steven Jackson out of Oregon State. It occurs to me that over the past season Trung hasn't exactly been what everyone "expected," at least not what I expected. 600 yards on 142 carries isn't very good.

Just as a comparison:

Warrick Dunn - 20lbs lighter - 20 less carries and 70 more yards

Maybe you all disagree. But I think it's about time to get someone who can rush for over 1000 yards.

Canidate is just bad. A casual sports fan watching the game without knowing he's a former first round pick would think he were just some scrub scat back (which he is). His speed doesn't show up well on grass, and he can be tackled by a stiff breeze.

Bring in someone else or go with Betts/Rock/(Watson?)

Canidate is just bad. A casual sports fan watching the game without knowing he's a former first round pick would think he were just some scrub scat back (which he is). His speed doesn't show up well on grass, and he can be tackled by a stiff breeze.

Bring in someone else or go with Betts/Rock/(Watson?)

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

If I were Gibbs, Canidate would be the first player I'd cut.

Bad, bad runner.

Canidate reminds me a lot of Skip Hicks

Lots of speed, but not the kind of RB who will get you the tough inside yards on a 3rd and 1 or 2 between the tackles

Both guys always seem to dance around trying to hope the big hole opens up for them to use their speed, which doesn't always work because big holes don't always open up

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

If I were Gibbs, Canidate would be the first player I'd cut.

Bad, bad runner.

Canidate reminds me a lot of Skip Hicks

Lots of speed, but not the kind of RB who will get you the tough inside yards on a 3rd and 1 or 2 between the tackles

Both guys always seem to dance around trying to hope the big hole opens up for them to use their speed, which doesn't always work because big holes don't always open up

Gibbs preaches toughness and aggressiveness. Back to the basics.

I'm not sure if Canidate is going to make it by that standard alone.

That's not to say Canidate can't contribute. Each player has his own strengths and can contribute in their own way. As long as they accept their role for the best interest of the team.

It'll just be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Gibbs preaches toughness and aggressiveness. Back to the basics.

I'm not sure if Canidate is going to make it by that standard alone.

That's not to say Canidate can't contribute. Each player has his own strengths and can contribute in their own way. As long as they accept their role for the best interest of the team.

It'll just be interesting to watch it all unfold.

I wouldn't cut candidate so fast, yes I believe we need a feature back but Candiate is cheap. We could use him in the Kelvin Bryant mode, very similar. I don't know how long Betts is signed for so it might be intersting to see what happens with him. I don't see Sultan being here unless he beefs up some, then we might be able to dump candidate.

The position we are going to see people cut is the WR. We won't be keeping 6 or 5 that is for sure.

I wouldn't cut candidate so fast, yes I believe we need a feature back but Candiate is cheap. We could use him in the Kelvin Bryant mode, very similar. I don't know how long Betts is signed for so it might be intersting to see what happens with him. I don't see Sultan being here unless he beefs up some, then we might be able to dump candidate.

The position we are going to see people cut is the WR. We won't be keeping 6 or 5 that is for sure.

Great, It's good to see my obvservation was well taken. Ever since I watched my first 'Skins game this past year I knew Canidate wasn't going to do much. He doesn't have power + Speed like Jamal Lewis (Hummer-like Build with Porsche Acceleration), he can't break tackles like Ahman Green, he can't run up the middle PERIOD. Maybe I'm wrong for comparing him to those players, but honestly with high quality WR, LB, DB and QB that we have I really believe we deserve more in such a crucial spot.

Great, It's good to see my obvservation was well taken. Ever since I watched my first 'Skins game this past year I knew Canidate wasn't going to do much. He doesn't have power + Speed like Jamal Lewis (Hummer-like Build with Porsche Acceleration), he can't break tackles like Ahman Green, he can't run up the middle PERIOD. Maybe I'm wrong for comparing him to those players, but honestly with high quality WR, LB, DB and QB that we have I really believe we deserve more in such a crucial spot.

No one knows what Trung can do with Gibbs coaching him, in a power run line blocking scheme. I said before that he reminds me of a Joe Washington type back, and we all know the kind of production Gibbs got out of JW (at the end of his career).

There are a lot of Players we want to gripe about, that Gibbs & company may turn into very productive players.

No one knows what Trung can do with Gibbs coaching him, in a power run line blocking scheme. I said before that he reminds me of a Joe Washington type back, and we all know the kind of production Gibbs got out of JW (at the end of his career).

There are a lot of Players we want to gripe about, that Gibbs & company may turn into very productive players.

jbooma, Kelvin Bryant was a very good receiver out of the backfield. I haven't seen Trung catch the ball that often to be able to tell but I have a feeling a lot of these guys will be brought to camp and not just cut because they don't fit.

If they are team players, Joe will adapt to the players, not force players into his system.

jbooma, Kelvin Bryant was a very good receiver out of the backfield. I haven't seen Trung catch the ball that often to be able to tell but I have a feeling a lot of these guys will be brought to camp and not just cut because they don't fit.

If they are team players, Joe will adapt to the players, not force players into his system.

Archived