Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Joran van der Sloot admits to killing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway, judge says

Cooked Crack

Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba, has admitted to killing the Alabama teen, a US federal judge said Wednesday.

“I have considered your confession to the brutal murder of Natalee Holloway,” Judge Anna Manasco said after reading van der Sloot’s proffer. 

“You have brutally murdered in separate incidents years apart two beautiful women who refused your sexual advances,” the judge said, referring to a separate killing in Peru in 2010. 

Van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Holloway, pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges of extortion and wire fraud in connection with the Alabama teen’s remains.

CNN has not seen van der Sloot’s proffer. 

Van der Sloot is serving a 28-year prison sentence in Peru for the 2010 murder of Stephany Flores. Peruvian officials allowed his temporary release to the US in June to face the extortion and wire fraud charges.

As a condition of a plea deal, van der Sloot was required to say how Holloway died and how her body was disposed of, Holloway family attorney John Q. Kelly told NBC’s “Today” show prior to Wednesday’s guilty pleas. 

“There won’t be any further investigation or search … for Natalee’s remains,” Kelly said on “Today.” 

Beth Holloway, Natalee’s mother, will hold a news conference after the hearing to share what van der Sloot told FBI authorities.

Van der Sloot will return to Peru to finish his murder sentence in the Flores case. Afterward, he will return to the US to start his prison sentence for the federal extortion and wire fraud charges

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/18/us/joran-van-der-sloot-natalee-holloway-plea-wednesday/index.html

• Sad 1

My first trip ever out of the country was to Aruba in June 2005.  My parents were freaking the **** out about me going there a couple weeks after that incident.  

I cannot reiterate how safe that island is and felt even back then lol.  I have now been there 7 times and just returned from there 2 weeks ago.  

I love that damn island.

Edited by purbeast