Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tampa Bay Times: Attorney who fought Florida helmet laws died in motorcycle crash while not wearing one

Cooked Crack

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, it’s not my problem. The law doesn’t say you can’t wear a helmet, it says you don’t have to. If idiots want to take the risk, well, if they don’t value their own life, why should I?

Edit, I should mention that “Rule #1” in my house is “protect your head.”  

Anybody who rides a motorcycle without a helmet doesn't have anything worth protecting. 

- Robert Heinlein. 

Now. Having dispensed a joke?  

My inner Libertarian says people can ride without a helmet. If their license plate has a special sticker. 

The sticker says "Owner carrys one million dollars medical insurance. And the insurance company knows he has this sticker."

The quantity of boomers who grew up with multiple casual brain injuries and constant lead exposure has got to be astronomical.

The notion that the lack of safety = freedom is just plain silly. 

I think that "freedom" ends when getting nicked by a 3500 pound car can end your life if you're not wearing protective equipment. **** around and find out at it's best. 

On 10/26/2022 at 2:09 PM, Renegade7 said:

This is like convincing the government we should the freedom not to wear seatbelts and the death toll for car accidents due to people not wearing seat belts go up and government does nothing because of fReEdOm. 

I'm all for repealing some of these laws protecting people from themselves.  Let the stupid die off.

Who are the other riders here?  I always wear a helmet because Buzzette requires it.  I'd probably wear one if she didn't though.  But on long rides (3+ hours) it sure would be nice not to wear one.  Unfortunately helmets by design are uncomfortable.  And they can cause some really bad headaches.