Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things are getting even stranger now!!

Johnny Punani2

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20040106-115408-9659r.htm

The Times says the Redskins are in contact with Jimmy Johnson as a head coach for the Skins. While I think the head coach thing is bunk with the Gibbs story. I do think the Skins might be trying to get JJ as a possible GM. JJ is one hell of a personnel man and IMO would make one hell of a great GM.

WOW, JJ as the GM and Gibbs as the head coach!!!

Don Banks wrote in his article that there were early rumors that the Redskins had unearthed some dark horse hall of fame level HC who had won several super bowls. Some of the names that came up were Don Shula and Jim Johnson among others.

The times may just have picked up on the rumor and then went for the Johnson story since Snyder had talked to him earlier in the season.

Well Lookie here...

TAMPA - While the Bucs were making plans to interview a new candidate for their vacant general manager's job Tuesday, Raiders senior assistant Bruce Allen was saying he intended to take the job.

Shortly after the Raiders announced that Allen soon would end his nine-year stint with the team, Allen told colleagues at an East-West Shrine Game workout that he was leaving for Tampa Bay, sources said.

The sources said Allen suggested he would be hired as a president or vice president and would carry the general manager's tag but would need to hire a player personnel director to oversee the scouting department.

It has been suggested that Allen would try to make Raiders player personnel executive Mike Lombardi his personnel chief, but the sources said Allen suggested Tuesday that Lombardi would not be his choice.

Allen did not return messages left for him by The Tampa Tribune, and Bucs officials continued to say the search for a general manager was not over and that they may interview other candidates.

Originally posted by spanishomelette

I'd expect they really did talk to him because they wanted to make the big splash. They may be landing the biggest fish though.

It sounds as if Gibbs would be GM and HC.

I really don't think Gibbs wants the GM hat. I do think he wants a GM in here before he comes back.

Archived