Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well (bleep)

Burgold

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Funny you say this..my dad would always call the defense the posse..and I explained to him that the skins receivers back in the day were called the posse..so than he'd say cmom posse meet the new posse something like that lol

Go with this for a moment, we call the defensive line, The Gandalf because any QB who faces it SHALL NOT PASS!

(Okay, I know it's silly, but it made my pre-coffee brain laugh)

• 2 weeks later...

Well (bleep) (bleep) (bleep)

What a game full of stupid. Even more than bad play, today was all about stupid play. 

Before the season began I thought this season might best be treated like one giant preseason. That 2020 would be about getting ready for 2021. 

I think I need to return to that mindset. 

16 hours ago, Burgold said:

Well (bleep) (bleep) (bleep)

What a game full of stupid. Even more than bad play, today was all about stupid play. 

Before the season began I thought this season might best be treated like one giant preseason. That 2020 would be about getting ready for 2021. 

I think I need to return to that mindset. 

I said it than I'll say it till 2021..this season is a wash...regardless of what happens

The problem I have with games like yesterday is that the opponent (The Browns) did not look good at all.  Next week the Ravens, an actual good team is likely going to work this team up and down the field all game long, I probably won't be too down about it since The Ravens are a superbowl contender.  However, the Browns and even to a certain extent the Cardinals, outside of Murray himself being a terror on the field, didn't look all that impressive to me.  I think it is reasonable to suggest that with a middle of the pack QB, Washington had real chance to be 3-0 right now.   I'll keep the Cardinals game as a loss to be fair, but definitely I think this team is 2-1 with a better QB.   

Now with that all said, what is the tipping point or the line in the sand when it comes to wanting to develop Haskins versus losing games that by all purpose look very winnable if a different QB was starting?  It is probably too soon to look into this too much today, right now, however the NFL is not the same league it used to be and the NFC East is looking weak as hell at the moment.  If you listen to Rivera today from his presser, it seemed like he took a much more serious & harsh tone towards Haskins than he has ever, which is basically saying he has to play better and protect the football and all that.  He also did say he is sticking with him, but the more performances Haskins has like he did yesterday, the more I think the coaching staff has to look into other options before they begin to lose the team for 2020. 

I really wish we could get some kind of conclusive information about the prospects of Alex Smith playing this season (or ever) because as a coaching staff I am not sure how much more losses against mediocre teams like the Browns you can stand there and let happen if you have capable players sitting on the bench that can likely go out and get wins. 

Archived